alignment issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hey guys i have a belltech 2/4 kit cut down to be a 3/5 but now i can not get the truck aligned i was wondering since theres alot of people here with their trucks like that how they got theirs aligned and what can i do to mine? i was thinking of ordering a new set of springs for the front to make it a 2/5 but if i can leave it how it is and fix it another way that would be better.

MR.REMBERT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been to multiple places..nobody can dial it back in perfect. You need a larger coil or a spindle drop instead..is what I'm told.

OP
OP
SILVER_BULLET

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
really sucks i hope it doesent end up having to come to putting a new coil and leaving it at a 2/5. I am looking around to see if theres any way to get it aligned some way without lifting it back up

joeg45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
For camber the only 2 ways I know are change to spindles and cut factory spring for the 3 in drop or to slot the uca mount until it's in spec

Mine is left alone with a negative camber

OP
OP
SILVER_BULLET

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
i have -1.6 and -1.5 camber on mine and it pulls to the right so i really was hoping to get it fixed somehow. i would go the spindle route but ive heard too many people complain about how it pushes the wheels out

nopo2491

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
i have -1.6 and -1.5 camber on mine and it pulls to the right so i really was hoping to get it fixed somehow. i would go the spindle route but ive heard too many people complain about how it pushes the wheels out

I'm at about 4/6 I installed aftermarket camber kit ball joints my camber maxed out at -.8 I might slot the frame later to get more adjustment but as of now it's OK the camber kits are supposed to give u 2.0 degrees of adj.

OP
OP
SILVER_BULLET

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I forgot to reply but I ended up getting those ball joints a while back to and the alignment is fine now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cjacks519

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RAM Sport Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I forgot to reply but I ended up getting those ball joints a while back to and the alignment is fine now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What ball joints and camber kit are you guys talking about? Do you know the part numbers?

derek_m

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
adjustable ball joints can be found on rockauto

audio ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Spec performance offers a set of 2.5 degree offset ball joints (23940). I will let you know next week how they work

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My tire guy suggested these to me for the drop I have. "dodge 1500 Adjustable ball joints part# 23940" for a +/-2.25" caster or camber. for 2006- up rams 2wd. They run about $140 a piece.

For my drop he suggested those or a knuckle drop. since I prefer the knuckle drop and its about 200% the cost to fix it right I will tear off the Beltech I have on now and replace it with a McGaughtys drop kit. and hopefully that will eliminate my bump steer.

Slowpar R/T

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
My tire guy suggested these to me for the drop I have. "dodge 1500 Adjustable ball joints part# 23940" for a +/-2.25" caster or camber. for 2006- up rams 2wd. They run about $140 a piece.

For my drop he suggested those or a knuckle drop. since I prefer the knuckle drop and its about 200% the cost to fix it right I will tear off the Beltech I have on now and replace it with a McGaughtys drop kit. and hopefully that will eliminate my bump steer.

see, this right here is why I started a thread call "Best Ride Quality"...lol.
I have seen quite a few complains of bump steer on the Beltech kits on other forums as well as instability in the rear and this is what is scaring me away from lowering springs vs. a spindle drop...

The Q

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
see, this right here is why I started a thread call "Best Ride Quality"...lol.
I have seen quite a few complains of bump steer on the Beltech kits on other forums as well as instability in the rear and this is what is scaring me away from lowering springs vs. a spindle drop...

I have a BellTech 964SP 2"/4" drop kit on my 2014 R/T RCSB and have absolutely no complaints at all. I've put nearly 13,000 miles on the setup. I did install the shorter F150 front sway bar end links and a fully adjustable Sphon rear suspension. But even before the Sphon parts the truck rode and drove as good as, if not better than stock. Had I seen all these negative threads I might have rethought before I bought.

Last edited:

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a BellTech 964SP 2"/4" drop kit on my 2014 R/T RCSB and have absolutely no complaints at all. I've put nearly 13,000 miles on the setup. I did install the shorter F150 front sway bar end links and a fully adjustable Sphon rear suspension. But even before the Sphon parts the truck rode and drove as good as, if not better than stock. Had I seen all these negative threads I might have rethought before I bought.

My only complaint is the bump steer and camber issues, other than that it rides very well. smooth but firm. Oh and my inner fender contact, that needs to be addressed once I figure out why I have it. I think its a modified 2/4 drop to a 3/4... ass sticks up about 3/4" too high for my taste. Just haven;t had the time to put it up on the lift and inspect the lowering job by the previous owner.
I still plan on changing to a spindle drop with maybe a 1" lowering spring up front... Still researching and designing out my options on that route. I love where the front tire sits just not the rear
Here is my ride height on 22's with 285/45's
IMAG015676.jpg