Alignment cams for more caster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spike95

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi Guys,

Ever since doing my small 2” leveling lift, I have been trying to dial in the alignment just right. To make a long story short, I have already used a combination of Moog adjustable upper ball joints, and have managed to get it pretty close. The only issue I have is that I’d really like to get a little more caster than they are able to provide. The concentric cams on the ends of my control arms are already turned out to their max setting. I am within factory specs, but those specs are pretty wide and don’t quite cut it for me. I’m trying to get closer to the Thuren specs for lifted 2nd Gens (3.5-4.0 caster). The easy answer to me seems to be getting concentric cam bolts that provide a bit more adjustment than the factory ones do. So I’m wondering if such a things exists. I’ve found a set from SPC that say they provide a total of 2degrees of adjustment, but I’m wondering if that is the exact same amount the originals provided. They look very similar in pictures.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

More details…
-2” spring spacers for lift
-Metal Cloak control arms (not adjustable)
-2008+ 3/4 ton steering tie rods
-3rd Gen track bar conversion
-extended away bar end links

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
I understand what you're trying to do but not sure why you're worried, especially being in spec. If you don't have death wobble wouldnt worry at all. Caster causes no wear just toe and camber.

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
It may just be tire inflation that doesn’t feel correct.
Is your issue low speed turns or high speed maneuverability?

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Also look into the hot rod power steering mod it makes a world of difference for steering power and sensativity.