Another Oil Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OLEJOE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Anyone tried or running Delo 400 XSP 5-40? I ran Delo for years in Class 8’s but before the DPF emergence. Delo/Chevron has supposedly developed better wear preventative additives than Phosphorus and Zinc to reduce Sulphated Ash in the exhaust. Just wondering if anyone is using it and how it’s doing. Thanks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi
Highly recommend not to using any other weight other than 15w-40. btw delete your truck and you wont have to worry about it really.

OP
OP
OLEJOE

OLEJOE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Not an option at this time

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
You can run either 15w-40 or 5w-40 synthetic, the later required when operating in temperatures below 0 degrees F.

I don't see how running Delo at one's next oil change can yield a user's result. It would take years to discover any significant differences. If the oil meets the requirements (API CJ-4), I don't see why you can use it. I might give it a try and my next oil change if it is priced right.

OP
OP
OLEJOE

OLEJOE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Walmart and Amazon have the XSP 5-40 for $18.76 per gallon. It is supposedly full synthetic and almost $4.00 per gallon cheaper than T6. I’ve run hundreds of gallons of Delo oil in class 8 trucks with good results but I know this ain’t no class 8. As has been mentioned earlier and the answer to every other question I’ve come up with , here and elsewhere, DELETE

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Walmart and Amazon have the XSP 5-40 for $18.76 per gallon. It is supposedly full synthetic and almost $4.00 per gallon cheaper than T6. I’ve run hundreds of gallons of Delo oil in class 8 trucks with good results but I know this ain’t no class 8. As has been mentioned earlier and the answer to every other question I’ve come up with , here and elsewhere, DELETE

This is not the answer to everything. I'm always amazed at the number of threads from people with one problem or another that start with "my truck is deleted and tuned". Plus A LOT of people live where that is just not feasible.