Another P0441 Fault Code Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

prairieboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the P0441 fault code on my 2015 Sport. I've replaced the gas cap and the purge control valve down by the gas tank. I'm thinking about doing the engine compartment valve (name escapes me at the moment), but I got thinking....

During winter months up here in the western part of Canada where everyday is definitely below freezing, my CEL doesn't come on with the P0441 fault code. I know this, because last fall, I clear the fault code with my OBD reader. Not long after that, the temps dropped outside and I noticed the fault code never came up all winter. As soon as it warmed up outside in the spring, sure enough, it was back.

Any idea what can cause that?

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
I have the P0441 fault code on my 2015 Sport. I've replaced the gas cap and the purge control valve down by the gas tank. I'm thinking about doing the engine compartment valve (name escapes me at the moment), but I got thinking....

During winter months up here in the western part of Canada where everyday is definitely below freezing, my CEL doesn't come on with the P0441 fault code. I know this, because last fall, I clear the fault code with my OBD reader. Not long after that, the temps dropped outside and I noticed the fault code never came up all winter. As soon as it warmed up outside in the spring, sure enough, it was back.

Any idea what can cause that?
That would be fuel pressure sensor if you replaced near the tank.
Purge valve is under hood in the engine compartment.

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Most manufacturers suspend OBD2 monitoring/ DTC setting strategy when the outside air temp gets lower than 40 degrees F.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Check your lines from the fuel tank to the purge valve before you buy any parts, a small crack in one of the plastic lines is enough to trip this code.

I have been fighting this code for years on my truck and have ran out of ammo for the parts cannon. I've replaced the purge valve, gas cap, fuel tank pressure sensor, and as a last ditch effort because they're failure prone, the ESIM. Went a way for several months then came back again. Bought a Standard Motor Products purge valve because it was $20 at the local parts store and to my surprise it had a chrysler PN on it. Threw that in as a last resort and it hasn't come back in a few months.

My next step is to take it to be smoke tested and see if there's a PCM update for my truck.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thats your evap canister vent filter on the side of the filler nozzle, your purge valve is next to the throttle body under the hood, and only buy OEM parts, and as Hemi395 said you may have to get it smoke tested it's a good way to troubleshoot your evap system.

Last edited:

Milburn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7 V6
Having the same friggin code over and over. I clear the error code and sometimes drive for a week with no CEL. Replaced the sensor that's at the bottom of the fuel filler, the air filter adjacent to that and tried a new aftermarket gas cap! Does the 3.7L V-6 have another valve or sensor in the engine bay that could be causing the problem?

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Having the same friggin code over and over. I clear the error code and sometimes drive for a week with no CEL. Replaced the sensor that's at the bottom of the fuel filler, the air filter adjacent to that and tried a new aftermarket gas cap! Does the 3.7L V-6 have another valve or sensor in the engine bay that could be causing the problem?
Nobody can remote fix your car. A smoke test and EVAP systems evaluation using a bi-directional scanner are going to be required. Seek out a decent technician/shop and get them to fix it. Otherwise, you'll keep on firing the parts cannon and you'll wind up pretty broke.