P0441 permanent evap code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kupperpooh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I have a 2017 dodge ram with a permanent p0441 evap code. I know I had forgot to put the gas cap on once. I've replaced the fuel cap and purge valve already. Any other thoughts to get code off? Does dealer have to reset it since it says permanent?

csuder99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Permanent codes are just another stupid idea from the emissions nazis, they can not be cleared by a scan tool or disconnecting the battery. However they will disappear if the underlying problem has been fixed. I had that on my Wrangler with a failed open thermostat.

P0441 is "incorrect purge flow". From what I gathered on Chrysler vehicles the PCM pulses the purge valve and wants to see the O2 sensors reading rich from the fuel vapors coming out of the charcoal canister. So check all the lines from the purge valve back and also the connection to the intake. Also put the finger on the purge valve and feel if it pulses (after warmup).