Another power mirror/ window/ lock conversion thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

topshooter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 diesel
Truck is a 05 dodge 2500 5.9 diesel, it started off as a base model (tradesman) so everything is manual (locks/windows). This is what i have done. I installed a dash harness from an 05 that had power everything. I installed a floor harness from an 05 that had power everything. I installed all electric door harnesses in each door. I installed all oem electric power windows and electric lock actuators. Also installed is the key less locking module. This should be everything and i mean everything that I needed to convert from manual to power. With that being said,

This is what i need

I need the sales codes that will allow my dealership to activate:
Power windows
Power locks
Power mirrors.

Lastly ill have them program the fob while they are in there.

Thanks for your help. Ive done alot of reading/lurking on this forum.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Truck is a 05 dodge 2500 5.9 diesel, it started off as a base model (tradesman) so everything is manual (locks/windows). This is what i have done. I installed a dash harness from an 05 that had power everything. I installed a floor harness from an 05 that had power everything. I installed all electric door harnesses in each door. I installed all oem electric power windows and electric lock actuators. Also installed is the key less locking module. This should be everything and i mean everything that I needed to convert from manual to power. With that being said,

This is what i need

I need the sales codes that will allow my dealership to activate:
Power windows
Power locks
Power mirrors.

Lastly ill have them program the fob while they are in there.

Thanks for your help. Ive done alot of reading/lurking on this forum.

None of that will help you, you don't have a CAN bus truck. Doesn't work that way for PCI bus. You need to ensure there are fuses and/or circuit breakers in the TIPM to power each item.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
With this being a 2005 model, it does not have a CAN-bus network and a TIPM or Totally Integrated Power Module. This truck uses the PCI-bus and a PDC or Power Distribution Center under the hood. There is also a small fuse center on the left side of the instrument panel behind the end cover.

Look under the cover of the PDC and verify that the fuses are in place for what you need as well as in the interior fuse panel.

Also, download a copy of the Factory Service Manual and look at the wiring diagram. You will be able to see what fuse powers each of your accessories.

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
If you don't mind me asking, how hard was it to install a different dash harness? I have a base model as well and I'm looking to something similar to add power options once I find compatible harnesses

As for your problem, look into the wiring that leads from the fuse box to connector C219 (The big connector that sends all the wiring thru the firewall) It's possible the wiring may need to be added from the fuse box into that connector.

EDIT- So i don't know about 02-05s, but I looked at my fuse box and there is a lot of wires missing for the power options. Check under your fuse box cuz you might've got lucky and its all wired up, but you may have to do your own wiring from the fuse box to C219. Or you could replace the entire under hood harness if you felt like keeping things 100% OEM

Last edited:

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
If you don't mind me asking, how hard was it to install a different dash harness? I have a base model as well and I'm looking to something similar to add power options once I find compatible harnesses

As for your problem, look into the wiring that leads from the fuse box to connector C219 (The big connector that sends all the wiring thru the firewall) It's possible the wiring may need to be added from the fuse box into that connector.

EDIT- So i don't know about 02-05s, but I looked at my fuse box and there is a lot of wires missing for the power options. Check under your fuse box cuz you might've got lucky and its all wired up, but you may have to do your own wiring from the fuse box to C219. Or you could replace the entire under hood harness if you felt like keeping things 100% OEM

The instrument panel harness is not hard at all. Even if you take your time you can have the instrument panel out on the ground in under 30 minutes and ready to remove the wiring harness. It is a fairly simple and straightforward swap.

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
The instrument panel harness is not hard at all. Even if you take your time you can have the instrument panel out on the ground in under 30 minutes and ready to remove the wiring harness. It is a fairly simple and straightforward swap.
By instrument panel you just mean the dash panels around the cluster or the entire dash? How much of the dash did you have to take off get to all the connectors?

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
By instrument panel you just mean the dash panels around the cluster or the entire dash? How much of the dash did you have to take off get to all the connectors?

When I say "instrument panel" I am referring to the whole thing, not just the individual pieces.when you remove the instrument panel from the truck you have a select few connectors to disconnect before removal. Once you drop the steering column I can think of 9 connectors to disconnect and 2 or 3 are only disconnected if your truck came equipped with those specific options.

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
When I say "instrument panel" I am referring to the whole thing, not just the individual pieces.when you remove the instrument panel from the truck you have a select few connectors to disconnect before removal. Once you drop the steering column I can think of 9 connectors to disconnect and 2 or 3 are only disconnected if your truck came equipped with those specific options.
Ohh okay thanks, I figure if I take the whole dash out I might as well look into my recirculator doors not closing while I'm at it

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Ohh okay thanks, I figure if I take the whole dash out I might as well look into my recirculator doors not closing while I'm at it
If you do remove the instrument panel it is very simple to replace the recirc housing. The recirc housing part number is 68004226AD.

You don't have to remove the instrument panel to replace the recirc door and actuator though. You can remove the blower motor, remove the actuator and the actuators adapter to the recirc door and let the door fall out through the blower hole. Slip the new door up through the blower hole and put the adapter back in and put the actuator back in place. This would give you an operational recirc door.

One other thing, when you drop the steering column into the floor to remove the instrument panel, make sure you remove the brake switch from its bracket so you don't damage the switch.