another remote start Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jim BB

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 classic Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
So from everything I have read and see on here the remote start from the hood latch is only 2 wires one to ground (-) by the TIPM on the fender and the other would go to C1 Connecter at the BCM pin 11 on plug ! I was looking at the factory kit that you can buy from the dealer and that is what i take from it one ground and one to pin 11 according to what i see on there instructions ! I have attached a PDF of the OEM wiring
If someone can please confirm this would be great Thank you !
Please let me know if the PDF works

Attachments

• Ram Remote start wire scamatic.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 7

mrack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Get in touch with John Lance on Facebook, he sells remote start kits that retain the hood switch feature but using an aftermarket switch to keep the price very affordable. Very knowledgeable and helpful guy. Here’s the link to his profile:

diymirage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So from everything I have read and see on here the remote start from the hood latch is only 2 wires one to ground (-) by the TIPM on the fender and the other would go to C1 Connecter at the BCM pin 11 on plug ! I was looking at the factory kit that you can buy from the dealer and that is what i take from it one ground and one to pin 11 according to what i see on there instructions ! I have attached a PDF of the OEM wiring
If someone can please confirm this would be great Thank you !
Please let me know if the PDF works
All you need is step 17 of those instructions

If pin 11 is present (chances are, it is) all you need to do is ground it

If I were to do this today, I would follow it up through the firewall and ground it under the fuse box

When I actually did it, I cut it, put a ring on it and grounded it under the dash

Do you have alfaOBD?

Go Into the program, set "remote start" to present "hood latch present" to yes and "hood latch resistance" to 500 ohms

Reset the RF hub, slap a 5 dollar inlay on your stock key to use the remote start contact and done

(I cut the inlay in half and used the panic section of the old inlay, because the new ones stick out too far and set off the alarm when you stick the key in the ignition)

OP
OP
Jim BB

Jim BB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
All you need is step 17 of those instructions

If pin 11 is present (chances are, it is) all you need to do is ground it

If I were to do this today, I would follow it up through the firewall and ground it under the fuse box

When I actually did it, I cut it, put a ring on it and grounded it under the dash

Do you have alfaOBD?

Go Into the program, set "remote start" to present "hood latch present" to yes and "hood latch resistance" to 500 ohms

Reset the RF hub, slap a 5 dollar inlay on your stock key to use the remote start contact and done

(I cut the inlay in half and used the panic section of the old inlay, because the new ones stick out too far and set off the alarm when you stick the key in the ignition)
Thank you for your reply and help !! I do have Alfa OBD Mx+ and security cable as well I have the fobic for remote start already ! the wire is there for the hood latch id there as well ! and wire in C1 pin 11 when I push start lights flash horn sounds but shows on dash cancelled hood open so i was going to chase wires and see if they are terminated anywhere in the harness just not sure what one needs to be grounded !

OP
OP
Jim BB

Jim BB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Get in touch with John Lance on Facebook, he sells remote start kits that retain the hood switch feature but using an aftermarket switch to keep the price very affordable. Very knowledgeable and helpful guy. Here’s the link to his profile:

Thank you for your help!!

OP
OP
Jim BB

Jim BB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Anyone know what color wire from hood latch is ground the purple or purple with blue chaser !
Thank you for your help