2014 remote start install / alfa Obd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jammer24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
OK......watched videos and read some threads about the factory remote start.....read and watched different ways.......I attempted the install as follows..........
1- order the hood latch with the switch and installed.
2- located BCM plugs at a local salvage yard to use the OEM pins.
3- located the BCM and terminated the hood switch as follows with an overlay to avoid opening up the OE harness.
4- replaced fob case only with the button for remote start.
switch: top G70 VT/LB TO PIN 11 on BCM conn (A)
bottom G931 VT/BR to pin 23 on BCM conn (D)
ALFAOBD:: I enabled the remote start. RFH reset
I enabled hood sense present. RFH reset
Also came across hood switch signal usage That is set to 500 and 500.......should that be 1K ??
I get no hood ajar warning when hood is up. should there be one???
when I push the fob remote start I get the horn and lights however no remote start. drove for 15 minutes returned and no change....

what did i miss if anything.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
On anything newer than a 2017 I think, you need a new radio frequency hub dont you? I put a new one in my truck but to be honest I didn't try it without swapping it.

Everything else you did looks good. There is a warning message that will pop up in the evic if the hood latch is open.

15 minutes is too early to worry with alfa too. I have made changes that took hours to pop up. Check it in the morning and let us know if it works.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jammer24

Jammer24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Checked today and still doesn't work.....

OP
OP
Jammer24

Jammer24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
So tonight per OE troubleshooting.....
step 1_ switch resistance should be about 1K ohm, I checked resistance on the switch with the hood switch open and closed and I get some for a split second and goes right to zero...I do have cont though.

step 2_ check for open on G20.. is it above 4.9V it is battery voltage.

step 3_ check ground for open, is resistance below 5.0 ohm. it is 1.7 ohm.

troubleshooting says the BCM is bad to replace it.

I have an autel ms906 and with live data can monitor a ton of things in real time as they are changed, however hood ajar can't be located....should I be able to see to it..

Gren71

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry if im repeating work, super new here.

Where did you get your kit? Im looking to do the same thing and intend to order the kit from infotainment.

The install video and kit show an upgraded radio receiver that installs behind the rear seats. Did you isntall one? if not it makes sense that the remote start wont work despite being turned on w/ alpha obd.

Once part I can figure out is how to program the new key fobs...

Kit :

Install video :

OP
OP
Jammer24

Jammer24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
As I understand the truck is remote ready except for the fob case with the third button, the switch on the hood latch wired to the BCM and programming through alfa OBD.

OP
OP
Jammer24

Jammer24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
ok so I figure this out........no need for the hood latch with the resistor.....bought two of them that had the switch in the latch only to NOT contain the resistor. once i figure this out i ordered the resistors. Mad a jumper wire with 1K,1watt,5% resistor in line. BCM plug A pin11 to Plug D pin 23. made the changes in alfa. Resistor set to 1K, hood sense yes, remote start Yes. waited five minutes and it worked.......lots of threads out there that contain info but couldn't find one that contained step by step from start to finish. real simple to do if you could locate better instruction. once I do the second one I with post the complete process in one....