Another tire post.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know this has probably been beaten like a dead horse but my duratracs probably have a quarter inch left or less of tread def getting to sounding like a mud tire. I’ve seen wild peaks as well as Toyo AT3 and ridge grapplers. Do I just buy duratracs again or try one of the mentioned above? I honestly wasn’t impressed with the duratracs in the winter but they were a used set from brother or maybe I just thought the would go through snow like a tank. It also seems like the link to spin in the wet too, maybe that’s my lead foot. I also think I am going to go to a 35 12.5 20 this time as the duratracs on now are 275 65 20. Any advice would be great as I def will need a pair before winter.

HKkid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can't speak to any of those other brands, but I am Nitto for life. Put Trail Grapplers on my 04 and had fantastic luck with them. Since then that is all I have ran on trucks, Jeep, and wife's car. Have the Ridge Grapplers on current truck and so far I love them.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Since I am not lifted and mudding etc, just mostly stock and some off road for hay and such, I have Falken AT3w's. Wat works for my needs.

New tire on truck.jpgNew tires left side truck.jpg

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Where you at, OP?

Since you mentioned winter, I know a thing or two (mid-Minnesota).

General Grabber ATX or Falken Wildpeak AT3

General made in USA, Falken in Thailand. I went General, never looked back. Look at Tire Rack website for ratings and reviews.

IDSandman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Agree with Hemiman if we’re talking winter performance out of an AT tire. Best case is a dual set of wheels n tires, summer/winter, what I do. But I do expect a lot from my winter tires.

OP
OP
J

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Where you at, OP?

Since you mentioned winter, I know a thing or two (mid-Minnesota).

General Grabber ATX or Falken Wildpeak AT3

General made in USA, Falken in Thailand. I went General, never looked back. Look at Tire Rack website for ratings and reviews.
Sorry seeing this now I’m in Maine

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Falken Wildpeak AT3

Or General Grabber ATX

Both rated highly, but General made in USA. Falken was made in Thailand, but Sumitomo planned to open a NY factory a couple years back.

I buy USA whenever I can, despite General now owned by Continental in Germany. At least the workers are in USA.

PoconoJoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone have experience with Goodyear Wrangler Trailrunner AT?
I'm looking for something just a little more aggressive than the Goodyear Wrangler SR-A we currently have, but not too agressive.
More like a street tire, but something we can feel confident with when we get snow maybe 1/4 of the year.
No off- roading, just safe driving on-road.
We're in northeastern PA.