Any put a sub behind the seat of a 2015 Crewcab?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spoon059

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I have a 2015 2500 Crewcab, trying to determine how much room is behind the seat and if anyone has installed a sub back there. I have a JL audio in a 6" deep box that was under the seat in my other truck. Its too long to fit under the rear seats.

I don't need a ton of bass, just like a subtle boom with my music. Seems like there are just 2 bolts on either end of the bench to remove it... but don't want to waste my time if its not feasible.

Thanks!

LilRamie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Theres more room under than behind the seat, u might want to start there instead.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
not enough room unless you have a megacab.

woojyee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Unless they changed the interior design of the 15's, there are a number of boxes that can be purchased to fit under the rear seat (Driver or Passenger). I am becoming an old man now, 48 and counting, so sound quality is more important than rattling my teeth out. :D

I have a JL 10w3v3-2 in a stealth box getting 300w rms and it sounds fantastic. Punchy for my 80s hair bands, 90s punk and deep cab filling bass for rap.

If you can do it, make your own custom fiberglass enclosure or if you can afford it, get a netaudio or StealthBox. These enclosures follow the contour of the floor and maximize air volume. If you click my link in the sig, you can see how a stealthbox fits if you haven't seen one before.

OP
OP
S

spoon059

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Theres more room under than behind the seat, u might want to start there instead.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Yea, the box that I have won't fit under the seat, there just isn't enough room. I'm not trying to pay $600 for a specialized box. Too bad, I guess I'll just learn to live with it.

OP
OP
S

spoon059

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I have a JL 10w3v3-2 in a stealth box getting 300w rms and it sounds fantastic. Punchy for my 80s hair bands, 90s punk and deep cab filling bass for rap.
I have a 8w3v3 in a slim box, it gets just enough rumble to fill out the sound. I'd love to keep the current configuration.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ever thought about trying to build a floor platform to set the sub and box in? That might be your best bet if you want to keep that box.