Anyone else have to invent new curse words at every fill up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

18ram18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 2018 has the same problem. Nozzle does not get stuck.....just a pain to fill.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I had an '09 ram and now an '18...seems like every single time I fuel up I can barely ever get the dang thing to stay on after putting the fuel nozzle in. Squeeze...three seconds of fueling...click!....*insert new foul word here* and repeat. The 09 wasn't so bad but my new truck drives me nuts at gas stations lol. I'm guessing its a venting issue but not sure. Anyone else experience this??

When that happens to me I say M*F***** and it seems to fix it.

17CrewCab1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Those rubber boots are to help seal in the fuel vapors.

I have noticed that sticking the fuel nozzle doesn't seem as easy as it should... but I never have it click off after a few seconds.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
In a few years we'll just be plugging our trucks into a outlet and this won't be such a big problem :(
Jay

droopie85gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had this pop up on my 2017. I fixed it myself after the dealer had a week and replaced the gas tank with no fix in sight. Took 15 minutes. The vent in the filler neck is probably plugged up if this is doing it all of the time at any gas pump. Check my thread:

https://www.ramforum.com/posts/1805660/

Kap1

Ex Ram 1500 2013 owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Tundra
Engine
3.5 vvti
I've seen this issue with my 2013, I'm in CA .It happens rarely and only on a couple specific gas pumps on specific chevron gas station.

I've tried all sorts of ways to put in the nossle but it would shut off each time.. I think it's an issue with some of the gas pumps. It feels that when other pumps stop, it sends a bump to my nossle via hose and then my nossle stops

I've complained to attendant a few times but they don't care and say never heard that before

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
My 2011 did this, but once they did the fuel tank strap recall, which incolves dropping the tank it worked perfect. May be a poor factory installation.

Last edited:

HitchHiker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have this issue on my 2018 from time to time. It’s mostly the fact that the nozzle is not fully inserted or the angle is slightly off. I change the angle or reseat it and the issue resolves. I always use the detent on the handle and let it go until it’s full, then top it off once or twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Night 4X4, Borla Catback Exhaust, Edge Pulsar, K&N, Modded Factory Air Intake, K&P Oil Filter
Engine
Hey, I'm in Back@ss country GA myself...LMAO....
I usually can't get the nozzle all the way in because of the angle of my filler neck is more up than out..if that makes sense? I usually use QT gas stations and a few others and never had a issues filling the rig up.
Except my wallet was feeling the pain...lol.

RickH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I had the same problem for the longest time right up until the tank was dropped for the strap recall. Since that time the problem has not recurred. (Watch for it to return tomorrow!). I'm convinced that the only reasonable explanation is that the vent hose had a minor restriction of some sort, a kink or dirt that made the system super sensitive, and that the vent hose was properly seated when reinstalled so as to eliminate the problem. Anyone suffering from this problem should stick their face under there and check for a bent, kinked vent hose.

ShotCaller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I only had that problem once at one pump at a Quick Trip gas station.

DodgeDude99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Only time I have that issue is when I use the semi-tractor pumps at the truck stops, those fill the tank in about 45 seconds or less

pjs386

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM SLT
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My '14 doesn't show this at all. It will shut off when there's still about 2 gallons space left to top off but that's the only shufoff ever.

goodcat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Y'all must live in California or one of the other "Nanny States" with the ****** up fuel nozzels.

This. I also notice it more at certain station than others. One local Chevron is almost unusable cause it won’t go more than 5 seconds before clicking off. A local Shell station its smooth as butter. The swearing remains though regardless as I watch the dollar signs roll higher and higher on the pump though.

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm in honkyville, Ga not California but that's probably it honestly. All the newer pumps seem to have more rubber guards and huge springs on the spouts. I don't see the benefits at all even though there's probably some reason for it.

I live in New York State where everything is illegal. I have not experienced this as a problem, either on my 2010 or 2014 Ram 1500.

Best regards,
Dusty

2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Now at: 005616 miles.

Cup72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I have new 2018 1500 ecodiesel and it seems that my mpg has been going down since I bought it. My routes and usage hasn’t changed. I would of thought that when I got a little wear on the tires my mpg would improve. Any thoughts?

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Really looks like it's more of a 2018 thing. Maybe they will have a fix for our trucks?