Anyone have any info on these two grill guards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RJL1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Steel craft grill guard.jpg Westin.jpg

Trying to decide between these two grill guards. Top one is a Steelcraft and the bottom is a Westin. Anyone here have any experience with either of these two? Price wise they're roughly the same. Steel Craft is 499 and the Westin is 629.

Thanks.

Fatbob Frank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I have the Westin HDX on my Laramie and really like it.
I ordered one for my Power Wagon already and I don't even have the truck yet...

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
To help you decide I suggest you read the install instructions for both. Then pick the one that mounts to your satisfaction.

I've been doing this trying to decide on one for my 2020 3500. I've boiled it down to a Rancher or Steelcraft for the way they mount. Steelcraft wins as it has a screen section to remove for the front camera. The Rancher does not but has the best mounting system. The Westin turned me off when their instructions said to begin by removing the bumper.

OP
OP
RJL1

RJL1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the Westin HDX on my Laramie and really like it.
I ordered one for my Power Wagon already and I don't even have the truck yet...

I'm leaning towards the Westin. There's an enormous deer population where I live. Hit one with my almost brand new Challenger in June, 11K worth of damage. The Westin, at least in the pictures I've seen looks a bit more sturdy then the Steelcraft.

Does your Westin have tabs for lights?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat