Anyone know how to find service history?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Troy719

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 16 Ram 1500 with the 5.7. Bought the truck used at around 66k miles (79k now) and the truck seems well cared for. I have found a part number sticker on the passenger side head of the motor with the part number 68280502AE (head). I have ran a car fax on the truck and the service history doesn’t show anything done with the motor. Does anyone know any way of finding out the service history? The truck does have a slight tic at start up and it gets quieter once driving so I suspect it is a manifold stud issue and not THE TIC but I was trying to see if THE TIC had been something that was handled in the past on the truck. It does show about 500 idle hours out of a total 2500ish hours so I suspect the truck was serviced for lifter issues prior to me purchasing it. 7F7A6AF3-7235-40DA-B2AA-4DB9C1D75A73.jpeg

2020PW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
setup an account with Mopar adding the vehicle and it should show

CamperMike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2018 has had the passenger head and gasket replaced. It blew the head gasket and head warped just before 60k. Never had an issue with ticking. Head leaked coolant externally when it failed. Something like that is likely what happened to your truck. Not terribly common but I have seen a couple others post here with the same issue on the passenger side head.

ibike

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Like @2020PW said. You gotta go to the dealership and have something done and they will give you the history they have. I visited the dealership here to get mine, and until I give them a shot at it they say they cannot tell me the history. It’s got an outstanding tailgate recall so when I take it in for that I’ll be getting it’s history.