Looking for service bulletin

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtnman1000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I spoke with the service manager at my local RAM dealership about a service bulletin regarding cam failures and metal shavings on the Oil Control Valve (VVT)which notes that if there are shavings, the engine must be replaced. He said he could not give me a copy of this to show a mechanic who replaced my cam (lobe cyl 1 gone) and lifters without considering where the metal shavings went as it is proprietary information and he also did not want to get in the middle of it. After getting it the truck back, it had more problems than before, so another mechanic looked at it and found metal in the VVT and MDS solenoids.

I need to get my hands on this service bulletin to present to the original mechanic and possibly my attorney. Does anyone know where I can find this?

2013 RAM 1500 Bighorn 5.7

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
tsb's are not proprietary, 2013 ram tsb's. They have 700 tsb's, lol.

If you want a total answer you need way more info on the histology of what you've done where and when and what the issue is. Is this an extended warranty? Did you get regular warranty cam job, and when as in date? When the problems with the second job show up? Why would you need an attorney this is small claims? TSB would be way out of date for a 2013 and to be honest if you have proof you paid for a engine and now it is acting up you wouldnt need a tsb? More info of your position that you have been wrong and the proof you have, as in receipts and dates etc. Oregon you can get 10 grand at small claims, is your position you are entitled to more?

OP
OP
M

mtnman1000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the link @Burla

I have very detailed records for the original work. The mechanic misdiagnosed it twice (replaced PCM then heads) finally finding the worn cam lobe and replacing the cam, lifters and heads. The problem is, there is so much metal shavings it is effecting the oil flow so the mechanic never should have replaced all the parts IMO and I just wanted something to back that up.

It sounds to me like that service manager just does not want to get involved.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Sorry to hear it, with no dates or anything I cant be helpful. If it is recent and you have a mechanic saying this is the issue, I am sure you would have a good chance at small claims. Doing a cam job is always a risk, the question is who absorbs the risk mechanic or owner. Usually judges side with the person who sues if the case makes sense.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357