anyone running a diablosport tuner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lobster Poutine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So since i have the new wheels, im looking to a tuner to calibrate the speedo.

anyone running the trinity or the intune DCX?

looking for a recommendation on the 2014 ram...

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So both tuners work for your truck, but only the engine tune. Tranny tune is not available on the 8 speed, yet.

I have the Trinity and HF tune and am very happy with it. The inTune and Trinity have the same functions, except the Trinity has gtech features (gauges for 0-60 times and 1.4 mile times, etc), and the inTune does not.

That's my .02.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

Lobster Poutine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
thanks.

honestly, i wouldn't need the gauges, and I'm really just looking to recalibrate the speedo after the tire swap. but any performance gain is a bonus! lol

so maybe i just need the DCX so long as i can change the tire size.

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Predator 4x4 Dually & 2012 Ram Puinsher R/T 1 of 1
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo & Hemi 5.7
If your not going to mod your truck a lot, the bully dog would give you better performance gains and calibrate your tire size at a lower cost.

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^^ True. Except I don't think BD supports the 2014s yet... Most of us buy the Diablos for the Hemifever tune, and not necessarily for the tuner itself.

MGRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Diablo trinity has the best resale value as it works on both diesel and gas and the 3 big brands, great canned tunes and the ability to custom tune. BD, SC and hypertech are dying tuner brands so not even worth considering those.
yru9atu6.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

Lobster Poutine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If your not going to mod your truck a lot, the bully dog would give you better performance gains and calibrate your tire size at a lower cost.

^^^ True. Except I don't think BD supports the 2014s yet... Most of us buy the Diablos for the Hemifever tune, and not necessarily for the tuner itself.

yes i dont see that it supports the 2014 yet. my fist choice was the bullydog.

Diablo trinity has the best resale value as it works on both diesel and gas and the 3 big brands, great canned tunes and the ability to custom tune. BD, SC and hypertech are dying tuner brands so not even worth considering those.
yru9atu6.jpg

thanks!

lonewolf2873

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
yru9atu6.jpg
What publication is that?? Trinity for 475 is good price.

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Predator 4x4 Dually & 2012 Ram Puinsher R/T 1 of 1
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo & Hemi 5.7
DS canned tunes are some crap... If your buying the Diablo you better buy the Hemifever tune to go with it or you will be pissed.

MGRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's cdn price as diablo doesn't put the cap on the price of their tuners here so companies can sell lower then the $599 price
That's why hemi fever includes custom tunes with the diablos he sells because it doesn't affect the diablo set price and it's a better deal then buying elsewhere
The canned tunes from diablo are much better then SC or BD but custom tune is where it is at.

KTM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hey, I'm new here as of today and this is a perfect topic. I am looking at programmers for the same reason (bigger tires and correct speedo). If I am reading correctly here, there are no cheaper options for this correction? The Diablo Tuner has so much more than I need but it is all cool stuff too. The Hemifever custom tune sounds worth it in itself. Moe's has this listed for $489 with the Hemifever included and it says ****All 2014 6 speed and 8 speed Ram trucks now Supported**** I think I might just have to bite the bullet and buy it.

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey, I'm new here as of today and this is a perfect topic. I am looking at programmers for the same reason (bigger tires and correct speedo). If I am reading correctly here, there are no cheaper options for this correction? The Diablo Tuner has so much more than I need but it is all cool stuff too. The Hemifever custom tune sounds worth it in itself. Moe's has this listed for $489 with the Hemifever included and it says ****All 2014 6 speed and 8 speed Ram trucks now Supported**** I think I might just have to bite the bullet and buy it.

DS tuners are great for the Hemifever tune. I love it. FYI, the tranny tune is not available yet on the 8 speed, but the engine tune is still awesome. Once the tranny tune is realesed, you would get it at no extra charge.
And Moe's is great to order form. :)

Welcome to RF!

KTM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
DS tuners are great for the Hemifever tune. I love it. FYI, the tranny tune is not available yet on the 8 speed, but the engine tune is still awesome. Once the tranny tune is realesed, you would get it at no extra charge.
And Moe's is great to order form. :)

Welcome to RF!
Thanks DavidRam! I just copied and pasted off of Moe's site, but i look forward to the tranny tune also. I have already started picking out upgrades for a truck i don't even possess yet! I have read that the way to use these tuners is to reset back to factory default settings prior to bringing the truck to the dealer for ANY service???

skirider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Can u turn of the eco mode?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk