Running Boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fingerlakeman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I currently have a 2020 Ram 1500 Classic Warlock Quad Cab, am trading it for a 2024 Ram 1500 Tradesman Quad cab and was wondering if the running boards on my current Ram will fit on the new Ram? Thanks

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
A quick check on a non OEM board for a 2020 like your's (4th gen) and the 5th Gen you are getting finds 2 different part numbers. With that limited information I would suggest it is doubtful you can transfer them. Contact a dealer and ask them. You will need your part number.

Which Finger Lake?

Believer45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6/7 Cummins
Are your running boards factory or aftermarket?

Deercamp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just picked up mopar running boards for my ‘24 1500 Bigfoot quad cab. Have been researching running boards for a month now, so if you need to purchase a new set, suggest you stick with Mopar rather than other brands. The ones I purchased -Mopar part # 82215294AC- are made in Canada, not China. Yes, they cost a couple hundred dollars more, ($584 from my dealer). If you dig deep into reviews of the cheaper versions, you’ll find complaints regarding substandard and ill fitting mounting brackets, premature rust and poor or non existent customer support. Since I keep vehicles for at least 10 years, quality and longevity are important.

Installation:
Had my hunting partner help me. Took more than an hour but no problems. My partner used to assemble Rokons (AWD off road trail motorcycles). He’s very methodical and we were not in a hurry. Biggest obstacle was cleaning threads on the 18 studs. Both boards fit perfectly, used blue Lock Tight to secure nuts, then Rustoleum to spray over mounting brackets . Cost me a 4 pack of Stoneface IPA’s for his labor, (we each had 2 - a bargain)!
Satin black boards blend in with truck, look great. My wife had knee replacement surgery 2 weeks ago and got in with no problem.
Of note is that Mopar description states that these boards are not suitable for installation if Quadcab has “splash guards”. I checked with parts dealer and he said “splash guards” are mud flaps. Did not make sense as my semi- rigid Rokblokz mudflaps hang vertically (do not flap in the wind) and do not come close to the board. So I decided to disregard the Mopar comment.

Attachments

• IMG_5960.jpeg
    IMG_5960.jpeg
    108.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5472.jpeg
    IMG_5472.jpeg
    152.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited: