Anyone running procharger?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wstacy3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
New the forum, just bought 14 hemi cc. I had an 09 but had to downsize for school. Now I'm back and so far just tint, flowmaster 40 with resonator delete, and 2inch drop springs on the way. Been trolling the forums and Moe's seems to be the place so I've started mind spending money on tuner, 3:93, vararam, ect.

Recently I have been hooked on getting a supercharger and Procharger seems to be the best system. Anyone running one on a 12 and up? Searched but haven't found much info on the forums for my year truck... keep reading old posts about no tuning for 12 and up but several site seem to sell the kit for my year.

Paluby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
there's a guy on here running a pro charger on a 15 I think.

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Gamester is the guy I think.

Edit: yup, search his name. He's started a few threads that might be of use to ya.

Last edited:
OP
OP
wstacy3

wstacy3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Aesome thanks fellas I'll search him or maybe he will chime in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
wstacy3

wstacy3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
White lightnin as I call her as she sits now in all her glory lol

dbd0fe9b295483bb547d05d331b6b0fc.jpg

OP
OP
wstacy3

wstacy3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Gamester is the guy I think.

Edit: yup, search his name. He's started a few threads that might be of use to ya.

Found him, not much posted about the truck, pics or vids would be cool. Im surprised more aren't running SC. Seems like a fairly safe, reliable, big gain for not a terrible amount of money. At least thats what I've read about the Procharger.

Never had a SC vehicle. Its on the bucket list

ATXHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Found him, not much posted about the truck, pics or vids would be cool. Im surprised more aren't running SC. Seems like a fairly safe, reliable, big gain for not a terrible amount of money. At least thats what I've read about the Procharger.

Never had a SC vehicle. Its on the bucket list

Its because of the transmission. Replacing trans after trans is a pretty big expense if you drive right once the SC is installed.

TRXHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah man it seems the weak link on our trucks is the tranny. That can get pricey over time........

To the OP, truck looks good man! I have the lowering springs on mine too. Makes it look just right.

nickpohlaandp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah man it seems the weak link on our trucks is the tranny. That can get pricey over time........

To the OP, truck looks good man! I have the lowering springs on mine too. Makes it look just right.

Sorry to thread jack, but lowering springs have been mentioned twice. Do either of you tow with your lowered trucks? I have the Air Lift 5000's going in my truck as helpers for when I tow my camper, but when I'm not towing my camper, I wouldn't mind being a bit closer to mother earth. I'm just curious what you think of towing with a lowered truck.

Gamester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hey wstacy3,

I have been very happy with the Procharger system so far. Its mid to high rpm performance is excellent. My only complaint is that it doesn't have quite as much low-end as I would like. However, I think that will be remedied after my next couple mods, which will be a water-methanol system and long tube headers. That should help the low end a lot by over-driving the SC a bit hopefully.

BTW, the 13'-16' 8-speed transmissions are more than capable of handling the power and then some. Not sure if you have the 8 or the 6 though...

After the mentioned mods, I do plan on making a fun video or two :waytogo:

Last edited:

Paluby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not to mention Gamester is up at 5000' elevation.
Your power output could be quite different elsewhere.

Nick, Matt's crew cab is lowered and he tows his RCSB with a car trailer to the track. Probably weighs a good 7,000 pounds. With that hellwig rear sway bar it tows great.

nickpohlaandp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
..Nick, Matt's crew cab is lowered and he tows his RCSB with a car trailer to the track. Probably weighs a good 7,000 pounds. With that hellwig rear sway bar it tows great.

Hmmmmmmmm, you've got me thinking now. Maybe I should start a new thread.

OP
OP
wstacy3

wstacy3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Its because of the transmission. Replacing trans after trans is a pretty big expense if you drive right once the SC is installed.

Yeah but i have an 8 speed which can handle the increases better than the 6 speed I'm told

OP
OP
wstacy3

wstacy3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry to thread jack, but lowering springs have been mentioned twice. Do either of you tow with your lowered trucks? I have the Air Lift 5000's going in my truck as helpers for when I tow my camper, but when I'm not towing my camper, I wouldn't mind being a bit closer to mother earth. I'm just curious what you think of towing with a lowered truck.

Yeah its a gamble. I haul a dirtbike and plan on getting and enclosed trailer eventually. The sit says the drop spring retain your stock payload but we will see. If it does squat to much ill end up getting helper airbags...

OP
OP
wstacy3

wstacy3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey wstacy3,

I have been very happy with the Procharger system so far. Its mid to high rpm performance is excellent. My only complaint is that it doesn't have quite as much low-end as I would like. However, I think that will be remedied after my next couple mods, which will be a water-methanol system and long tube headers. That should help the low end a lot by over-driving the SC a bit hopefully.

BTW, the 13'-16' 8-speed transmissions are more than capable of handling the power and then some. Not sure if you have the 8 or the 6 though...

After the mentioned mods, I do plan on making a fun video or two :waytogo:

Yeah I'de love to see some media of your truck. I stalked your posts and see that you plan on headers to help that low end. Im at sea level with an 8 speed

Gamester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Yeah I'de love to see some media of your truck. I stalked your posts and see that you plan on headers to help that low end. Im at sea level with an 8 speed

Ah ok, at that elevation with the 8-speed, you should be in optimal conditions to get the best out of the Procharger :waytogo:

I should have my upgrades in a few months and I'll be sure to post any media I make on it.

Last edited: