Anyone use Line output converters?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LoneTex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7 Magnum
I like the look of my stock HU and I want to have my amp and subs going in my truck again. Id it hard to hook a LOC up to my single cab 03 RAM? Help is appreciated!

bigbadram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome!

I have an LOC on my 08 ram. I had it done at a shop tho so I'm not sure about the info on how to do it. But others will chime in to help ya out. :)

BMRbrnSNRbrd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Dodge Ram 1500 CC Hemi Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I did the same thing in my 2010. It's very simple. Your best bet is to find a LOC with a bass knob (for more control.) All you do is tap the appropriate wires into the speaker wires (behind the headunit) and run your RCAs between the LOC and the amp. That is how I'm running my two 12s and amp.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Did you lose any sound quality with the LOC? That is my only concern. I have had a 10" sub and amp in my closet for going on 8 months now, but am hesitant to install it without a new headunit. I dont want to lose any sound quality.

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
If you get a quality LOC, you shouldn't notice any difference in sound quality at all. I've used them before in previous vehicles and couldn't tell much difference between it and an aftermarket head unit with RCAs

Nesto1000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L Magnum
I would probably get a digital processor like this one: 3SIXTY.3 (First one that came to mind, there might be cheaper ones out there)
Well that's only if you want after market speakers as well. That way with that digital processor you can still control the speakers and other settings from your stock head unit.

Edit, you'd still need an LOC from each and every speaker as well though.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Did you lose any sound quality with the LOC? That is my only concern. I have had a 10" sub and amp in my closet for going on 8 months now, but am hesitant to install it without a new headunit. I dont want to lose any sound quality.

BUT, an aftermarket HU with RCA's is FAR superior in SQ to a stock HU and LOC.

gmzvip23

Reaction score
Ram Year
2k12
Engine
I would probably get a digital processor like this one: 3SIXTY.3 (First one that came to mind, there might be cheaper ones out there)
Well that's only if you want after market speakers as well. That way with that digital processor you can still control the speakers and other settings from your stock head unit.

Edit, you'd still need an LOC from each and every speaker as well though.

For the price of the 3isixty hes better off going after market.

That is true, but sometimes stock HU's just look so much better since they look like they just fit in...

I dont like the the way the metra kit looks on our 4th gen when installing a double din so im doing a pac loc to the factory hu on my 4th gen express.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
yup, used a LOC on mine for now, until I move and get the Clarion NX602. :D

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
i used a pac loc on my 05 and it worked well for just going to an amp to a sub.

Nesto1000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L Magnum
For the price of the 3isixty hes better off going after market.

The are cheaper ones out there but that's just the first one that came to mind. Also if he's only got a subwoofer amp then it's not worth it to get a 3sixty or something similar.

Sent from my HTC One S using Taptalk 2

atticusfaul

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I agree with the clean look of a stock deck but I picked up this kenwood bt952 off of crutchfield for $200 with all installation gear and it was well worth it and looks super clean. The sound quality is night and day difference too!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1348156216.673803.jpg
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mensassy62