Army Airborne 173rd '67-'73. Roadside Assistance Business Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welcome and thank you for your service! Added the military badge to your profile.

OP
OP
A

abraxasowner

Appreciate it. I don't have any social media sites and don't want any but if I can ask questions and get sensible answers about my truck I'll be glad to stay here. My truck is the lifeline for my business (Roadside Assistance Lagrange Georgia) and I'm not ignorant about mechanical issues but I just got the truck in December and have had issues with codes on my OBDII for O2 sensor(P2096) and have tried everything on Google and YouTube. Still getting codes and MIL.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Click this link, it will take you to the 4th gen section of the forum. Then click on the post thread button and make a new post asking your question.

There are tons of really knowledgeable guys here that will help you out

OP
OP
A

abraxasowner

Thanks but I don't know what 4th Gen is. I'm not in the habit of clicking just any link anywhere. Too much BS once you click the wrong one.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Thanks but I don't know what 4th Gen is. I'm not in the habit of clicking just any link anywhere. Too much BS once you click the wrong one.

4th gen is the range of model years your truck falls in to. The guy who posted the link for you is a staff member here. If you have technical questions, he's pointing you to the area to ask them.

OP
OP
A

abraxasowner

Okay. Thanks for the info. I'm really new to this site and how to navigate but not so ignorant I can't figure it out as I go. Thanks again.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Okay. Thanks for the info. I'm really new to this site and how to navigate but not so ignorant I can't figure it out as I go. Thanks again.
No worries about not wanting to click a link, can't blame you there.

If you want to navigate to the link I posted manually, click the button that says, "forums" on the top left of this page.

Scroll down to, "4th gen" then click, "general discussions"

That will put you right where my link would.

OP
OP
A

abraxasowner

Appreciate the response. I did click the link and kinda/sorta trust this site as opposed to FB and all the other garbage/scam sites so I'll see how it goes. I stumbled on this forum/site by accident doing searches on my truck. Finally found a place to get real people talking about our Rams without all the BS. Since you're Admin can you tell me how the heck I change that blazing orange background color on my screen when I click someone's comment. I'm half blind to start with and that color just blows me away.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Appreciate the response. I did click the link and kinda/sorta trust this site as opposed to FB and all the other garbage/scam sites so I'll see how it goes. I stumbled on this forum/site by accident doing searches on my truck. Finally found a place to get real people talking about our Rams without all the BS. Since you're Admin can you tell me how the heck I change that blazing orange background color on my screen when I click someone's comment. I'm half blind to start with and that color just blows me away.
That blazing orange color is not something we have ever gotten a complaint about before. let me do some digging, I don't think it's a user selectable color but it might have to do with dark mode or light mode. Ill get back to you on that

OP
OP
A

abraxasowner

I tried dark/light mode on both my phone and laptop. Maybe it's just me if nobody ever said anything. Don't trip it or waste time. If I'm the only one so far ill figure it's on my end and dig around. Thanks.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Since you're Admin can you tell me how the heck I change that blazing orange background color on my screen when I click someone's comment. I'm half blind to start with and that color just blows me away.
Click on your username that's near the top right hand side of the page, a box should appear with options click on: Preferences. Try changing the Style option. Be sure to click Save and refresh the page to see the changes.

OP
OP
A

abraxasowner

Oh man, you just got an extra peanut butter sandwich in your lunchbag from me! IT WORKED. I can actually read all the cool stuff on here now. Seriously, I thank you. This place might be worth hanging around awhile.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Ram, the Corporation that makes the trucks, decided to bunch model years in groups, the groups are called Generations, instead of Series, like other brands use.

The 4th Generation Ram trucks covered the years 2009 through 2017, with at least some of the 1/2 ton,( 1500 model ) trucks, after that it gets confusing, because they were making 1500 Classics & 5th Generation, (New Body Style), Ram at 2 USA factories. While at the plant down in Mexico still makes the 4th Generation Classics in the HEAVY DUTY models.

Don't bother trying to figure it out for now

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
The History of Dodge Ram Pickup Trucks
the Dodge part was dropped after 2012

• First Generation: 1981 – 1993.
  • Second Generation: 1994 – 2001.
  • Third Generation: 2002 – 2008.
  • Fourth Generation: 2009 – 2018, actually until 2023 at Warren Plant
  • Fifth Generation: 2019 – Present, at Sterling Heights Plant

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
Welcome aboard! Like others have said, this is the best forum to share and learn just about anything you're thinking or needing with Ram trucks. Thank you for your service and look forward to seeing you around!

OP
OP
A

abraxasowner

And Thank you for the kind response and support. Once I get all the rules straight I look forward to discussing issues about my truck. First Ram I've owned and I'm darned glad to have it and happy that I've found a place where sensible people talk about stuff that matters and helps me learn new stuff about my truck. Have a blessed day.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hi, from Sask. Canada , Welcome aboard .
My daughter and her Husband are Vets/ members.
Just to toss a wrench in the generation thing , what are pre 1 st generation trucks?
I had quite a few
Current one is a 2014 sport 1500, Have had no issues at all with the last 3 or 4 Rams.
I can't remember the last Dodge / Ram I had opened up, Did a Toyota motor in my 90's beater