Article on dealer voiding Gladiator warranty for playing in the mud

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SeppW

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Last edited:

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah normally I would agree with buyers/users but it sounds like a lot of stuff got a lot of wet and dirty.

Sandevino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
They don’t build them like they used to but tout the Gladiator Rubicon as the go anywhere do anything machine. Go figure...

OTOH... submerging a modern vehicle will cause issue. My 2002 Jeep Wrangler X got flooded, rained in, COVERED in mud and had a Dr. Pepper (long story) dumped on the dash board. It started right up after each event, but it was not riddled with electronic garbage.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Offroad,racing and abuse are never covered.Even if its i 4x4.

Both the Demon and 1320 Challenger are warrentied even if they break at the track while racing either,but only if the cars are still "stock",aarrgghh,lol.Only 2 cars built that i know that keep their warrenties intact while racing,not sure if the new Super Stock Challenger keeps it's warrenty while racing ,but it might.

Octane

Reaction score
Both the Demon and 1320 Challenger are warrentied even if they break at the track while racing either,but only if the cars are still "stock",aarrgghh,lol.Only 2 cars built that i know that keep their warrenties intact while racing,not sure if the new Super Stock Challenger keeps it's warrenty while racing ,but it might.
But yet so many cant even get the street machines lifters fixed by FCA.

Doug Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel _3.0
Sorry, Dummy,

No warranty for you.

No STOCK non military vehicle that I know of is made to be submerged in mud, or water. I've owned several off road vehicles from different makes. Jeep, Nissan, Ford, Dodge... Not one of them would cover a warranty claim if you dipped the engine in mud and water. Not one would cover a bent axle or driveshaft, or damaged differential pumpkin.

This is why folks seriously modify trucks. So they can go ALMOST anywhere. They raise their trucks, install snorkels, install protective covers, seal engine compartments... etc etc.

For crying out loud, if I submerge my Yamaha 150 VMAX outboard do you think Yamaha is going to cover it under warranty?
HELLNO!

DUH.

RedneckHippy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 3500 Tradesman
Engine
6.4 Hemi w/ MDS
The jeep that earned jeep its reputation no longer exists. Just like Harley has gone to the yuppies, so has the jeep. The only modern day equivalent of a real jeep was the Roxor and FCA made sure to destroy them.

Octane

Reaction score
The jeep that earned jeep its reputation no longer exists. Just like Harley has gone to the yuppies, so has the jeep. The only modern day equivalent of a real jeep was the Roxor and FCA made sure to destroy them.
I think the modern jeep wrangler is mostly just a 50k yuppy college kid commuter vehicle that all the plastic breaks off as soon as you bump it.

RedneckHippy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 3500 Tradesman
Engine
6.4 Hemi w/ MDS
Just also rubs me wrong that you can’t get the diesel in the 2-door wrangler.

Octane

Reaction score
Rubs me as to why a frikkin' jeep sells for 50k. and only way to keep from destroying it offroad is to strip it and add aftermarket parts. I said Chrysler would destroy it back in 1987 when they bought amc just to get their hands on jeep.

RedneckHippy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 3500 Tradesman
Engine
6.4 Hemi w/ MDS
Street legal roxor is the only hope... oh wait, FCA killed that...

Doug Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel _3.0
Folks, get real with all the anger about a stock new Jeep being able to take an unlimited amount of mud and water and get it repaired under warranty. It just hasn't been made.

To the best of my knowledge Jeep hasn't made a civilian, non-modified, regular order, dealer stock, Jeep that would take water and mud to the point it got to major engine systems and components, like the electrics. At least not since 1960. Maybe before then.

My my neighbor is a Jeep and automotive nut who owns a marina and an old jeep. Its at least 65 years old. He uses it as a work vehicle that gets dunked into a clean water lake to 3 feet every day all summer pulling small boats around. He had to make many modifications to water proof the engine. He marinizing the electrics, starter, moved the battery, installed a snorkel. I don't recall Jeep ever selling a regular stock civilian vehicle that could do this.

As for Jeep Wrangler costing $50,000? That's the top model and its a 4 door. A basic off-roading 2 door like the CJ built "back in the day", will set you back $32,000 MSPR. It has 4WD, a 6 cylinder engine and a 6 speed manual. Unlike the 1960 CJ it can keep up with traffic. The top theoretical speed on a early 1960s CJ was 68 MPH. It was a 4 banger with a 3 speed, and no upgrade options. A 6 banger with a 4 speed wasn't even an option until the mid 60s. No radio until 1973. But you could get a Power Take Off for your farm equipment in 1960, AMC seems to have put an end to that. Power steering and brakes weren't options until the late 60s. AMC made a 6 banger standard for a while... and you could get a V8 too.... now that would be my kind of Jeep.

One thing for sure, the new one is more expensive. The CJ cost $1979 in 1960. Inflated to 2021 price: $17,500, considerably less than the $31,000 Jeep charges today. So there is that!

LarryA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My only issue is that the first dealer allegedly voided the warranty without disclosing that to the customer. That is just bad faith, and leads to nothing but problems for all parties down the road