Auxillary Light Bar Location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GaryH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There is a slot in the front grill where some manufactures sell a LED light bar with mounts to fit. My question, this slot is directly in front of the tranny cooler and this is a concern because I tow a trailer sometimes through the desert and long steep grades. I'm thinking the light bars will block air flow and cause my tranny to run excessively hot. Any thoughts on this matter or where did you install your auxiliary lights. I'm getting to the age where my night vision isn't that great. 2005 Ram 2500 with a Cummins.

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have six 10" bars behind my grill and I've never seen even a sllight upwards tick of the temperature, either towing or not. I am, however, starting in much cooler temps...

OP
OP
G

GaryH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sbarron, do you have a temperature gauge for your transmission? It's the transmission that I'm worried about getting to hot.

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Sbarron, do you have a temperature gauge for your transmission? It's the transmission that I'm worried about getting to hot.

Yep.. it's in the information center in the center dash. Not sure your '08 would have that.