Back in the Ram Family!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4oh4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Man does it feel good to be back in an actual truck! Back in 2016, I had found this forum as I was looking for Info on my at the time 2014 Ram Black Express. In 2019 I had to get rid of her for a few reasons and ended up getting one of the first Jeep Gladiators shipped to my state. Long story short, that "truck" was a disaster, so this weekend I went out and got this beast of a rig. It's a 2021 Ram 1500 Rebel, and I am extremely impressed all around.

IMG_20210130_185514.jpg

IMG_20210130_170203.jpg

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
beautiful truck!!

OP
OP
4oh4

4oh4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks Graygoose, It was either this Grey\Silver one or an identical spec White one. This color didn't show as much dirt so it won :)

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Welcome to RamForum, nice truck.

Ken W

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Great looking truck, my last truck was silver and was the easiest to keep clean. I love my color but it shows everything and really hard to keep clean during the Northeast winter!

OP
OP
4oh4

4oh4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Great looking truck, my last truck was silver and was the easiest to keep clean. I love my color but it shows everything and really hard to keep clean during the Northeast winter!

Luckily here in the SE we don't use salt all that often, though they do tend to Brine the interstates and sand some of the bigger local roads. At least this one wont get stuck as easily as the RWD Express I had (snowpocalypse was a disaster)!

Welcome to RamForum, nice truck.
Thanks man!

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Good lookin' machine ya got!

Joe w.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2l
Welcome that's a nice looking truck congrats

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Nice looking truck, welcome back. I briefly looked at Gladiator but really need the capacity of a 2500 8' bed. But just wondering, what were 1 or 2 things about the Gladiator that threw you?

OP
OP
4oh4

4oh4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good lookin' machine ya got!

Thanks man! I love that yellow in your signature, I have a 60 F100 in almost an identical color. it really makes the lines pop.

Welcome to the forum.

Red

And I thought my truck was long! Thats gotta be a pain to park, very nice truck though.

Welcome that's a nice looking truck congrats

Thanks Joe, it is by far one of the most loaded trucks Ive ever driven and by far the most loaded Ive ever owned. Ill get a Signature made up here some day with the details

OP
OP
4oh4

4oh4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nice looking truck, welcome back. I briefly looked at Gladiator but really need the capacity of a 2500 8' bed. But just wondering, what were 1 or 2 things about the Gladiator that threw you?

Oh man, let me tell ya....
for one it was super unreliable, and I wasnt the only one having all kinds of problems.
  • Parking brake failure (cable snapped)
  • Rear window leaks
  • rear end grenaded
  • super sloppy steering (theres a TSB out there for a "Fix", had it done and other handling issues arose)
  • Uconnect radio issues (random restarts, freezeups, general disobedience)
  • and theres a few others too that I am failing to remember.
other complaints include:
  • underpowered
  • poor towing capacity
  • pitifully small bed
  • everything is just so small, from seats to leg room
At the time, it was a promising little truck and had it not had most of the defects\failures I would have considered keeping it for a bit longer. But since I was not the only one having these issues, I had to get rid of it to make sure that I didn't end up upside-down on it valuewise in the end. that and I needed something with more power and space.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Oh man, let me tell ya....
for one it was super unreliable, and I wasnt the only one having all kinds of problems.
  • Parking brake failure (cable snapped)
  • Rear window leaks
  • rear end grenaded
  • super sloppy steering (theres a TSB out there for a "Fix", had it done and other handling issues arose)
  • Uconnect radio issues (random restarts, freezeups, general disobedience)
  • and theres a few others too that I am failing to remember.
other complaints include:
  • underpowered
  • poor towing capacity
  • pitifully small bed
  • everything is just so small, from seats to leg room
At the time, it was a promising little truck and had it not had most of the defects\failures I would have considered keeping it for a bit longer. But since I was not the only one having these issues, I had to get rid of it to make sure that I didn't end up upside-down on it valuewise in the end. that and I needed something with more power and space.
Wow!