Backup cam stopped working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

casolorz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My hotspot has been giving me an issue that every so often it just refuses to provide internet. On some Ram forum I found a solution which is to pull fuse f44 for a few seconds.

Anyway, today while traveling the hotspot stopped working so I did that. It fixed the issue. However the backup camera stopped working, I didn't even get the option to use it, and the icons on the "apps" screen looked odd, like it was missing some. I turned off the truck for a while, made sure I had put the fuse back correctly and they was still looking ok and that led to the camera option coming back but when I press it or when I reverse, the screen is blue and says the camera system is unavailable or something like that.

What could the issue be? If it is a fuse, any idea which fuse?

Thanks.

Kickboxer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi-non-Etorque
Clean the mud off the lens.........

OP
OP
C

casolorz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Let the truck sit overnight and it is working fine again.

Bryanm80018

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.8L
I have the same issue. I have replaced the camera, the tailgate pigtail, and the pigtail that attaches between the tailgate to the backup camera pigtail. I have replaced the lcd screen on my headunit because of desalination, and then the backup camera shows a blue screen or camera system unavailable. Any suggestions?

Silverhairram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Just had this happen on a 2021. Used a suggestion from one of the other threads. Disconnected both battery terminals. Waited 10 minutes. Reconnected both terminals. Camera functions normally. Mine would either quickly flash view from the camera , then go to the blue screen with “camera unavailable “ at the top, it would go straight to the blue screen. We will see how long it stay fixed.