BAK Fibermax, UC Armor Flexm or Solid Fold 2.0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reb0957

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
Having trouble making a decision, I hope you can help.
Between these 3 what would you pick and why?
Fibermax con: leans against cab pro: fiberglass top
Armor Flex: I dont know if the Line X coating is a pro or a con. It is still over an aluminum panel and I think would be prone to denting. Pro: my favorite look of the 3
Solid Fold 2.0: Con: sits above rails Pros: easy to completely remove & fiberglass.
Thanks!

rotts4u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 e torque
Did you look at the leer 350? I like it better than all of those

OP
OP
R

reb0957

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
I agree the transition between the cover and bed rail looks good on that one. The information is limited on though. If they are just aluminum panels they are a no go! I have had bad luck with dents and dings on them. That's why I am trying to stick with fiberglass or maybe even the line X one. Thanks though!

Tonneaucovered

www.tonneaucovered.com
Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
Armor Flex: I dont know if the Line X coating is a pro or a con. It is still over an aluminum panel and I think would be prone to denting. Pro: my favorite look of the 3
Solid Fold 2.0: Con: sits above rails Pros: easy to completely remove & fiberglass.
Thanks!

These are all great covers but since you already love the Armorflex then I'd go this route. It has a 5 year warranty vs the 3yr on the BAK. It will also give you more bed access when you need it.

OP
OP
R

reb0957

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
But that is just lineX over aluminum. I have had an aluminum hard cover and it dented for any little thing. Can you vouch for it's dent resistance?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Tonneaucovered

www.tonneaucovered.com
Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
I can't vouch for dent resistance, but from our experience, and research it will hold up better then a cover that doesn't have the linex over the aluminum.

OP
OP
R

reb0957

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
Went to my local distributor, who happens to be a friend of a friend. He talked me out of the Solid Fold 2.0 and out of the armor Flex and into the ultra flex.
If it was going to dent it is going to dent with or without the lineX. He also let me know it is a pain to clean the lineX thoroughly while you can just wipe the ultra flex. I ordered the ultra flex, we will see what it looks like Thursday.

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks!
BAK-FLIP MX4 is really good cover have on my 6.4 bed and no problems with anything ,and looks really good on truck low profile sleek looking