bakflip installation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

axeman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 limited Red Badge
Engine
5.7 hemi
I recently purchased a 2023 limited (used) that had the mopar soft tri-fold tonneau cover. I bought a bakflip bed cover and found out that the inside rail is not compatible. I guess the soft cover comes with a special rail. Does anybody know which rail I need to install the bakflip? This is for a rambox.

Thanks for any help

chopperdog45

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7
I think you need a special model with the Ram Box. Check the BAK website.
This. go to the website and once you have selected your year/model of truck, there is a dropdown that lets you select the correct Bakflip for your particular truck

1701789684754.png

1stindoor

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
'23 2500 MegaCab
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Call their customer support number. I ordered mine through Amazon and was sent one that didn't fit, and had missing parts. I called their number filed a warranty claim and got a new one.

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Yep Ramboxes are narrower covers and require a different type of rail. My last 1500 was a rambox and it took me a bit to find a suitable cover for it. Since no part of the rail can sit on top of the bed rail (due to the ram boxes) everything is different.