Banks Intake Problems! HELP!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rmavalos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2020 Ram 2500 6.7 installed Banks air intake. Check engine light is on P0402. Checked connections and everything is secure. When I go up a small grade and sometimes at low speeds (15-35mph) the truck bogs and jerks like a cold dirt bike would if you give it gas while it’s cold. Boost doesn’t drop and stays consistent. Really worried and I’m losing my mind trying to fix it. I’m thinking about ordering the EDGE EZX Module to see if that fixes the problem or completely taking it off and going back to stock.

Has anyone had this problem or can anyone share some insight as to if the EDGE EZX will fix this?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
2020 Ram 2500 6.7 installed Banks air intake. Check engine light is on P0402. Checked connections and everything is secure. When I go up a small grade and sometimes at low speeds (15-35mph) the truck bogs and jerks like a cold dirt bike would if you give it gas while it’s cold. Boost doesn’t drop and stays consistent. Really worried and I’m losing my mind trying to fix it. I’m thinking about ordering the EDGE EZX Module to see if that fixes the problem or completely taking it off and going back to stock.

Has anyone had this problem or can anyone share some insight as to if the EDGE EZX will fix this?
Contact Banks by phone tomorrow and talk to their tech guys

Ram6431

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummings
I have 2016 ram 2500 and installed the banks air intake, after waiting several weeks for the part. Installed on 12/24/23 and threw codes of P003A, P04DB, and P0402. Rechecked fittings and cleared codes.... Codes popped up again and then removed and reinstalled. Drove and still codes... Took to shop and they said the butterfly down by the actuator wasn't closing properly. they tried to correct the issue but once again codes... called Banks and they said to clean the EGR valve... Well that's beyond me. So decided to go to S and B and had it installed this weekend.... Guess what no codes!! The mechanic even said there was a definite difference where the actuator mounts. Called banks to start recall as I was looking on their website... Anything after 30 days there was no refund. When I told them my issues they said we will start that process for a refund and that this was an issue and the engineers were getting involved. I have always liked banks and never had issues in the past. At least it looks like they are going to take care of it.. I will see if its full refund or not...LOL... I am also going to submit my shop bill and see how far they are willing to go in compensation... Hope this helps and sorry so long winded!! LOL..