Battery Warranty Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

js12278

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Everyone needs one of these, you’re welcome

Car Battery Tester 12V Load Tester, TOPDON BT100 100-2000 CCA Automotive Alternator Tester Digital Auto Battery Analyzer Charging Cranking System Tester for Car Truck Motorcycle ATV SUV Boat Yacht https://a.co/d/40wOHPI

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Everyone needs one of these, you’re welcome

Car Battery Tester 12V Load Tester, TOPDON BT100 100-2000 CCA Automotive Alternator Tester Digital Auto Battery Analyzer Charging Cranking System Tester for Car Truck Motorcycle ATV SUV Boat Yacht https://a.co/d/40wOHPI

You're welcome to your opinion and no offence intended but I believe the method a digital load tester uses to extrapolate the battery state is abstract, not consistent and prone to false positives.

A toaster-style load tester, as linked in post #11, is 100% accurate, never produces false positives, is less expensive and lasts forever. Mine's about 35 years old and works as well as it did on day 1.

The Harbor Freight toaster-style load tester is $20.
The digital load tester is $60.

battery load tester.jpg

Last edited:

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
A few yrs back, I was doing a trade show at in Jan. the breakers all popped on the plugins at the hotel parking lot , so no block heaters, and the temp was -48 , I was running full syth. 5/20
Truck started OK it growled a bit , tow truck guy was busy, I think about 1/2 did not start.
One was froze, took 2 days to get it going, sitting in heated shop 1980's minivan.
That temp will separate the good from the bad real fast.