Alfa OBD Battery Id

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

docsport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi
Hi there and greetings from Germany :peace:

Bought a used 2017 Ram 1500 last year in perfect condition and warranty as a replacement for my Ford Ranger.

I loved the truck and traveled to Sweden and Spain with it.

The only things I had to do was to replace the battery 4 weeks after I got it, think they did not measure it before.

Ok, no big deal, got Alfa OBD in the meantime and could change the language of the dashboard with it (was not working in the settings, thing because of the big Android screen).

I just found that you can set the correct battery in it, sorry I switched it to German, but in the dropdown below "battery type" it asks for an Id and I was not able to find a list for it:

Screenshot_20240315_135249_com.AlfaOBD.AlfaOBD.jpg

Any help would be really appreciated.

Another interesting setting is this one

Screenshot_20240315_135236_com.AlfaOBD.AlfaOBD.jpg

I only know this from the Ranger and I am not sure if it´s working here the same, I expect when I setup 12,8v for example that the system prevents the battery from being discharged anymore as good as possible but it will not affect important functions of the car, is that correct?
In a german forum someone said the car would not start anymore which I can hardly believe.

thanks in advance and have a good day

Carsten

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've seen the AlfaOBD battery types discussed here but never defined as to what they are.
Would it be possible to convert the German to English? That might help members here.

And, welcome.gif to Ram Forum. :cool:

OP
OP
docsport

docsport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi
Thanks for the welcome

Basically, it´s this in English

Connected to Body Control Module

In the middle, it´s just saying the current state is yes and did not change anything

The second dropdown where I struggle says to choose the value.

When I open it it´s not like I know it from Forscan like 95AH - 12v but ID1, ID6, and such stuff.

I assumed that there must be something behind the ID numbers (12 (??) if I remember it correctly) and that choosing the correct one will have some benefit for the correct load off the battery (for example).
______

IBS voltage setting is still like "what does it affect", is the sensor itself just not working below the value you set or is it affecting the battery discharge.

One mentioned in a forum that his battery was discharging to much and he just played around setting it to 14V and now his batters stays at 13,1v all the time not discharging anymore.

Could not make sense out of this:rolleyes:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240315_135249_com.AlfaOBD.AlfaOBD.jpg
    Screenshot_20240315_135249_com.AlfaOBD.AlfaOBD.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 3

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Have searched the internet and have yet to find what the battery ID's correlate to. The ID on my '16 shows ID # 4

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat