Bed/Bumper Step

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1 MEAN66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT-MDS
I see a few threads in here about bumper steps. BUT Does anyone know of a manufacture that makes one to go on the PASSENGER side. If I am towing I can of course use the trailer to step on. In the driveway loading or unloading from the drivers side is fine, BUT!!!! on the side of a road in an emergency or non emergency) the drivers side is NOT a safe side to be climbing in and out a a truck bed - for or getting "stuff"! I have written to a few manufactures and suppliers but no answers yet.

rzr6-4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Do some yoga and you will be able to get your foot the extra 3" higher to the top of the bumper.

I don't know anyone with the newer models that have the step but its odd they wouldn't put it on both sides.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I have spent a good part of 7 years looking for a Passenger Side Bed Step

I bought the AMP Research Bed Step at 4 Wheel Parts
I talked to the manager & he told me that they could try to modify the one that i bought, no guarantees.

I never bothered to try it.
I'm getting to old to climb up into the bed

1694839575868.png

1694839683698.png

1694839766981.png

1694839840064.png

Works great for my business
I had a Aluminum fabricator make the box & tray to the dimensions of the Bedslide

Last edited:
OP
OP
1 MEAN66

1 MEAN66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT-MDS
I know how to weld, have my own MIG welder, but they are not pretty welds. So I do things that can'nt be seen. Made my own exhaust on the 66, Put in frame ties, added welds to the super stock spring perches to make them more rigid, made my own emergency brake brackets to attach to those perches so I had a "street" e-brake system for NY state inspections. But unless you crawl under the car you can not see them, which keeps the laughing at a minimum! Will try and come up with something that might work. Like the chain side of a bicycle crank, but instead of a gear a plate that will go over some holes already in the frame for attachment. Have not heard of any call backs to manufactures as of yet. Maybe the way I asked the question it might get them to make a right side? In my inquiry I said that being on the road side was not the safest side to be on. Maybe a bell would go off for something they could build of which no one it the market -as of yet- has. Plus it will give me something to do this winter while the Ram sits.