Belltech 2.5/5 upgrading shocks/stops- bump stop question...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BLUEBULLY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So my 2012 RCSB has been on the Belltech 964sp kit for nearly 5 years. Riding like ass...rear bumpstops have deteriorated completely. Spoke to Matt at Moe's and picked up some Viking Warrior adjustable shocks all around but need to see what to do with the bumpstops. Matt suggested cutting them off. but feel Id still hit metal/metal at some point. Should I replace with upgraded energy suspension ones...if so do I cut the cups off and then just bolt them on? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...not enjoying driving the truck lately...need to fix that asap

OP
OP
BLUEBULLY

BLUEBULLY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Pics of the truck I have plenty...unfortunately, none under the truck with the suspension issue at hand...

Last edited:

mondo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2wd express rcsb
Engine
I dont have the answers for bumpstops, just wanted to see how the truck looks/sits...;)

Quicksilver337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have your answer :Big Laugh: how's it going.... shocks will help ride quality. I hope those shocks have the correct travel, with my 4/6 IHC setup on the rear I went with KYB gas-adjust shocks but they are not specific for the Ram. When you purchase the IHC kit they mod the rear shocks to fit the mounting bolts. These rear shocks are spec'd for 2k Isuzu trooper, I looked up the specs and they work for Ram rear setup.
At a 5" rear drop your bottoming out the shocks and the only thing that is keeping you from hitting frame is the bump stops. I had to remove my oe bump stops w/ cup and install shorter ones. Then you have to worry about the rear upper control arm bracket hitting the frame.
From what I remember your truck... IMO you need to install the illicit customs rear correction kit (cut or non-cut) or Inez Hotrods Customs cut version. Those bracket will correct pinion angle, center the wheel and eliminate vibration. If you get the cut version brackets you don't have to worry about hitting the frame.
I personally went with the IHC kit w/o the rear shocks, cut the rear upper control arm brackets and installed the IHC correction brackets which I will be switching to the Illicit brackets. I remember telling you that it was a PITA to install the IHC setup but it's doable.
My ride quality is stiffer than stock but it's not bad for a daily driver. I'm happy with my setup...

OP
OP
BLUEBULLY

BLUEBULLY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have your answer :Big Laugh: how's it going.... shocks will help ride quality. I hope those shocks have the correct travel, with my 4/6 IHC setup on the rear I went with KYB gas-adjust shocks but they are not specific for the Ram. When you purchase the IHC kit they mod the rear shocks to fit the mounting bolts. These rear shocks are spec'd for 2k Isuzu trooper, I looked up the specs and they work for Ram rear setup.
At a 5" rear drop your bottoming out the shocks and the only thing that is keeping you from hitting frame is the bump stops. I had to remove my oe bump stops w/ cup and install shorter ones. Then you have to worry about the rear upper control arm bracket hitting the frame.
From what I remember your truck... IMO you need to install the illicit customs rear correction kit (cut or non-cut) or Inez Hotrods Customs cut version. Those bracket will correct pinion angle, center the wheel and eliminate vibration. If you get the cut version brackets you don't have to worry about hitting the frame.
I personally went with the IHC kit w/o the rear shocks, cut the rear upper control arm brackets and installed the IHC correction brackets which I will be switching to the Illicit brackets. I remember telling you that it was a PITA to install the IHC setup but it's doable.
My ride quality is stiffer than stock but it's not bad for a daily driver. I'm happy with my setup...

Yeah that all sounds like a mission. It’s been fine all these years some I’m hoping new bum stops and shocks will do the trick until I’ve had enough of all the bs that comes along with these trucks. Hate spending money fixing ****** equipment. Not to mention nothing has been cheap. I’m borderline selling it and going back to mustangs again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quicksilver337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
any updates... did you get the viking shocks? I just received mine yesterday

Mino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine