Best Airbag & Onboard Compressor Set Up for 2020 PW?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DannyinColorado

Reaction score
Ram Year
2029 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hey guys. I'm not new, but I haven't been very active on the forum. Last year I upgraded my 2012 PW to a 2020. I wanted the 6.4 with the 8-speed. Best thing I ever did. My primary use is off-road, but I also tow an 8000 lb camper around fairly often. It's a bumper pull with a tongue weight of about 690 pounds. Even with my anti-sway hitch, the combined weight of the trailer and my truck topper squats the truck enough to annoy me. Long story short, I'm wondering what airbag system most of you recommend for the PW. I know they all impact the off road capabilities to some extent, but I don't typically do any overly aggressive off-roading and I use the truck to pull often enough to compromise. Can you guys give me some recommendations?

Thanks

Danny

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
Timber Grove ASAMs or AirLift air springs for the air springs.

AirLift WirelessOne compressor.

OP
OP
DannyinColorado

DannyinColorado

Reaction score
Ram Year
2029 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Timber Grove ASAMs or AirLift air springs for the air springs.

AirLift WirelessOne compressor.
Timber Grove
I've seen the Airlift 5000's with Dynastar cradles discussed. Do you recommend using them (cradles) with the Timber Groves as well? Some of the posts I'm looking at are older and I don't know if there are new kits available that include cradles, or that are long enough to make the cradles unnecessary.

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
I've seen the Airlift 5000's with Dynastar cradles discussed. Do you recommend using them (cradles) with the Timber Groves as well? Some of the posts I'm looking at are older and I don't know if there are new kits available that include cradles, or that are long enough to make the cradles unnecessary.
If you are not doing heavy off roading, then I doubt the Daystar cradles would be necessary.

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine

They have a special note about the Power Wagons...best to contact Timber Grove direct. Veteran owned and heard they are pretty awesome to deal with. I bought ASAMs when I had my 2018 Ram 1500. Worked great, no issues.

OP
OP
DannyinColorado

DannyinColorado

Reaction score
Ram Year
2029 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
If you are not doing heavy off roading, then I doubt the Daystar cradles would be necessary.
I will call Timber Grove. I don't head to do a lot of aggressive off-roading, but sometimes find myself in positions where I need to be capable of it, so the cradles might be a good idea.

They have a special note about the Power Wagons...best to contact Timber Grove direct. Veteran owned and heard they are pretty awesome to deal with. I bought ASAMs when I had my 2018 Ram 1500. Worked great, no issues.
I will call them then. Thanks for the suggestion.

OP
OP
DannyinColorado

DannyinColorado

Reaction score
Ram Year
2029 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
After a couple of days worth of research, I think I’m going with the Airlift 5000 Ultimate Bags in Daystar Cradles and an Airlift Quickshot onboard air system. The Quickshot comes with a 2 gal pressure tank that is used to both maintain pressure in the airbags and provide onboard air for airing up tires and such. Its the only unit i could find that appears to perform both functions without having to Frankenstein multiple systems. It isn’t wireless, but I don’t think I’m going to mind that. You can adjust bag pressure on the fly from the drivers seat, which is all I really need to be able to do anyway. Then I also don’t have to worry about losing or smashing a remote, or having to open an app on my phone each time I want to adjust. Just look at the pressure gage and work the toggle to adjust. Only thing that worry’s me is I can’t seem to find many reviews. Probably going to give it a go though. Thinking of mounting the compressor in the drivers side floorboard storage box and the tank under the bed somewhere. Will try yo post the results once I’ve got everything done.

Thanks to those who gave me feedback.

Rick Ram-jet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500 4x4 CC / LB
Engine
6.4 L
Give us an update when you`re all done and tested. I`ve run Air Lift 5000 and Daystar cradles for a few years now and the combo has worked well on and off road. Lately we purchased a North Trail 27LRSS (30ft/7600lbs wet) and It only requires about 25lbs of air (mostly for cushion since I run softer Thuren 3inf/1inr springs w/37`s) in the bags along with R3 weight distribution hitch, aprox 825lb tongue wt..
Thinking of adding braided lines and a pump/tank system so I`m interested in your results..

Cheers...

Fselrahc

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know this is an old thread but I found it useful when I was looking to install ASAMs. I installed the Timber Grove bags last weekend. I am not a mechanic but I can find my way around the garage and I want to say that the installation was ridiculously easy - and I did so without removing the tires. Instructions were clear and accurate and the video on their website was a big help. The bags came pre-assembled for clarity on how they go together. I haven't put any weight on them yet but I'm sure they will perform as designed.