Best Mods for Under $100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TatertotScott

The man, the myth, the legend, the one and only!
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Full length (wheel well to wheel well) running boards, mud flaps, K&N air filter.
What wheel well to wheel well steps did you find under $100.....I would be interested to see how they hold under my lard a$$....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Just saw this on Instagram! Probably a mod under a $100..... good way to utilize that valance with lights in it!

987b55811dc17c258a01662bde22022d.jpg

Mods: EGR matte black bug deflector, Westin HDX drop steps, rough county bull bar with 20” LED, custom made NW seat covers in real tree camo, husky liner mats, husky liner mud guards, undercover LUX tonneau cover, Tailgate assist, flowmaster super 40 with resonators, tinted 15% front, LED C shaped tail lights. Line-X 5.7’ box

Caldwell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Dry panel air filter - whatever your preferred brand.
3 inch hole in the bottom of the stock air box.
3 inch dryer vent flex pipe routed to the front bumper / passenger side tow hook.
Drill out hole in the plastic cover if tow hook is absent.

Sealed RAM AIR for under $75.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
If you buy the parts yourself (as opposed to buying the Recon kit) it can come in under $100. I did it last fall.

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/diy-air-dam-lights.113331/

-K

Thanks! I would probably do white lights and maybe like 3 on each side of my bull bar. That might look pretty cool!

Mods: EGR matte black bug deflector, Westin HDX drop steps, rough county bull bar with 20” LED, custom made NW seat covers in real tree camo, husky liner mats, husky liner mud guards, undercover LUX tonneau cover, Tailgate assist, flowmaster super 40 with resonators, tinted 15% front, LED C shaped tail lights. Line-X 5.7’ box

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Thanks! I would probably do white lights and maybe like 3 on each side of my bull bar. That might look pretty cool!

You'll want to check your local laws before doing white lights, additional white lights on the front are illegal for on-road use in many states. Most seem to have a 4 light maximum, that's why the fogs go off when you turn your high beams on.

-K

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
You'll want to check your local laws before doing white lights, additional white lights on the front are illegal for on-road use in many states. Most seem to have a 4 light maximum, that's why the fogs go off when you turn your high beams on.

-K
You are correct, however I don't believe it's a 4 light maximum but rather a total lumen output max measurement (US Federal law for auto manfacturers?)

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

HandyAndy09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Alberta, Canada trafic act states only 4 white lights on front, many officers are nailing people with light bars for it as they are saying it means max 4 sources of white light and they count every led as one source....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Alberta, Canada trafic act states only 4 white lights on front, many officers are nailing people with light bars for it as they are saying it means max 4 sources of white light and they count every led as one source....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wonder if that's why you guys get DRLs?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
I believe the WI law is very similar. any of the KC offroad lights, or light bars aren't legal to run on the street.

JOHRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0
With the customtronix harness it adds 2 video inputs that you can toggle between on the screen. Here's a pic of my screen with customtronix. You can see reverse, cargo and the camera is for the front. So i'm guessing a 4th option will pop up when plugged into the harness. 8fe3973bf1c477c9d46c6187421721f4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That's awesome. Didn't know this existed. I'll have to Google where I can get one of those.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I believe the WI law is very similar. any of the KC offroad lights, or light bars aren't legal to run on the street.

Twice now in recent weeks I have been driving in broad daylight and been blinded (no ****) by led light bars. I think they should be covered while on public roads for public safety.

Austen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
With the customtronix harness it adds 2 video inputs that you can toggle between on the screen. Here's a pic of my screen with customtronix. You can see reverse, cargo and the camera is for the front. So i'm guessing a 4th option will pop up when plugged into the harness. 8fe3973bf1c477c9d46c6187421721f4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Which kit do you have from Customtronix? I bought the enigma premium and I only have the reverse camera and cargo camera icons. My front camera comes on under the cargo camera icon. I'm trying to figure out if I add the cargo camera if it will add the camera icon and move the front camera there and cargo camera be under cargo camera. I plugged the front camera into the front cam cable but it's showing up under cargo camera.

cyclepuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 Mega
Engine
Which kit do you have from Customtronix? I bought the enigma premium and I only have the reverse camera and cargo camera icons. My front camera comes on under the cargo camera icon. I'm trying to figure out if I add the cargo camera if it will add the camera icon and move the front camera there and cargo camera be under cargo camera. I plugged the front camera into the front cam cable but it's showing up under cargo camera.
I have the silver kit which is before the new enigma stuff. I enabled all cameras and I have the front plugged into front and reverse plugged into cargo so the reverse shows up on the 8.4. Again I don't know the difference from what I have and the new enigma so it could be different. Send him an email and he'll help you out.

Austen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have the silver kit which is before the new enigma stuff. I enabled all cameras and I have the front plugged into front and reverse plugged into cargo so the reverse shows up on the 8.4. Again I don't know the difference from what I have and the new enigma so it could be different. Send him an email and he'll help you out.

Mine always shows up on the radio I guess because it's a 17 but I've seen 17s with the backup camera in the rear view mirror. I emailed them but they told me to file my question with their tech. Magnus was replying to my emails for awhile now it's Hanson. I have no idea how to get ahold of their tech. Kit works great. Only thing I wish was that the front camera had it's own soft key instead of being under cargo cam just assuming you plug a cargo camera in hopefully it corrects the issue but Idk. I just wish Customtronix would still sell a long rca cable that they used to order that would plug directly into the OEM led cargo camera. There is a guy on YouTube that bought their old kit like what you have but purchased a long rca cable with the correct connector on the third brake light end to plug and play. Can't buy anything like that now have to make your own. It's one of the same connectors on the backup camera harness. My truck also only has one main soft key for cargo camera then once you click on cargo you can toggle to backup camera. Instead of having a soft key for both backup and cargo under controls