Big Horn Door Access

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

14Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Trying to replace my 14 Big Horn speakers. How do I pop out the screw access panel behind the interior door handles? Doesn't have the small round plug. The square cover comes out some how. Thanks!

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Trying to replace my 14 Big Horn speakers. How do I pop out the screw access panel behind the interior door handles? Doesn't have the small round plug. The square cover comes out some how. Thanks!

The whole plastic piece, say 2" x 2" behind the handle has to be popped off. I use a plastic pry tool. You can get it with a screwdriver but you could mar the edge of it if you are not careful....so if you do not have a plastic pry tool, be careful! ;)

OP
OP

14Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Okay. Thanks! Pry anywhere on it? I had a corner pryed out a lot but it didn't pop out. That's why I decided to find someone who has done it...haha.

OP
OP

14Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Ill give it a shot. Thanks!

OP
OP

14Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
What worked for me was using about a 1 1/2" piece of plastic body filler spreader. I just slide it behind the top of the square cover and forced it in until it pop out. You cannot pry at the bottom like I tried to do. It has a tab that locks behind the door panel.