Bilstein 5100 and eibach springs questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chris52010trx4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Currently on a 2inch rear drop but picked up a set of 5100s for next to nothing brand new...had them on my last truck 2010 trx4 QC and think I wanna go up again with them but with the eibach springs this time... from what I've researched setting the bils at stock height and using the eibach springs keeps the cvs in check as I dont wanna be replacing the front diff anytime soon... question is are you guys actually seeing the 2.75 with the eibach coils ? I did 2.8 on my QC and wanna be as level as I can with my CC again.. just dont know if the coils are worth it or just do the stock coils and risk it at 2.8

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

GIJoe2010

No sh*t, there I was . . .
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
From what I’ve researched, the Eibach pro leveling shock and Bilstein 5100 have the same 5 rings to adjust elevation. As per the Eibach instructions, the 2 ring with either Eibach or 5100 should get you roughly the same height (but potentially closer to 3.5” of lift) as a 5100 set at 2.8 with OEM springs.

It is suggested that you can go to the 3rd ring on the Eibach (or 5100) struts but only in the event you are utilizing a heavy front bumper and/or winch to counteract the extra weight.

OP
OP
chris52010trx4

chris52010trx4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
From what I’ve researched, the Eibach pro leveling shock and Bilstein 5100 have the same 5 rings to adjust elevation. As per the Eibach instructions, the 2 ring with either Eibach or 5100 should get you roughly the same height (but potentially closer to 3.5” of lift) as a 5100 set at 2.8 with OEM springs.

It is suggested that you can go to the 3rd ring on the Eibach (or 5100) struts but only in the event you are utilizing a heavy front bumper and/or winch to counteract the extra weight.
Hmm 3.5 seems like alot and then I'd have to probably use a spacer in the rear to get it more leveled out again... rather than using stock heigh groove on the bil and the eibach spring. I liked the firmness of the bilstein and stock spring configuration but also had to replace 3 CV axles... which was easy enough but not on these newer diffs...

GIJoe2010

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m looking to run Eibach springs on Bilstein 5100s on second notch to get the 3.5” with a pair of Icon Progressive rate 1.5” rear lift springs and some accompanying shocks (dunno brand yet but they have to be 1.5-3” over stock length).

Should get me nice and leveled at around 3-3.5”.

OP
OP
chris52010trx4

chris52010trx4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I’m looking to run Eibach springs on Bilstein 5100s on second notch to get the 3.5” with a pair of Icon Progressive rate 1.5” rear lift springs and some accompanying shocks (dunno brand yet but they have to be 1.5-3” over stock length).

How are your cv angles?

Petebeard

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
This is my experience that I posted previously. I have the full Eibach Pro Truck kit (coils and shocks/struts F&R).

Quote:
(I also only got 2" and 1.5" in the rear. Unknown to me there was already a 2.5" Daystar spacer lift in that the previous own installed, so I didnt achieve any more lift.
I think that 2.75" is best case scenario, like SCSB with a V6 and empty fuel tank lol.
Over all tho the ride is awsome.)

I'm now looking at moving the snap ring to the 2nd notch, hoping to get closer to 2.75".

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Check with @crazykid1994 , i don't think you'll get to 3.5" in the 2nd notch. Nor that will be a good idea either (3.5" lift without a bracket lift) that will put your CV axles at a bad angle, I think Crazy runs the Eibach springs on 3rd notch from his 5100's, plus he also have a little 1/2 spacer to get 3" out of the setup. The Eibachs are longer than stock but they don't offer 3.5" lift on the 2nd notch as they were advertising initially. They may have an updated version of the original springs, i know they did stop selling the springs from that initial batch for a while and came up with some sort of redesigned version after that, but as far as i know the redesigned version didn't go that high either.. Crazy will prob have more details as he runs the Eibach coils though i don't know if he has the old or the new ones.

Last edited:

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea I have the newest version of the spring. I think the reason for lift difference comes from the fact that the trucks that have “raised ride height” from the factory sit 1” higher stock so these springs you’ll achieve 1” less of lift. My setup is really maxing out the cv shafts and the only reason I feel I haven’t blown them yet is setting my caster to 4°. The factory setup has the caster at 3° Which may not seem like much of a difference but pushing your caster up to 4° actually puts your wheel hub in line with the output shaft of the differential. At the stock 3° your wheel hub actually sits pushed back which increases the angle on your cv shafts. At the first notch I received around 1.75-2” of lift. At the third notch I received 2.75” of lift. I added a 1/4” thick puck spacer over the strut to achieve an extra 1/2” of lift due to losing about 1/4” of lift from my off-road bumper so I am sitting right at 3” of lift up front. When my bed is empty I measure 1.25” of lift in the rear from the eibach coils. Loaded with my spare and all my recovery gear so 200lbs, I lose 1/4” of height. For what my truck sees I think the setup does well. Bilstein 5100 struts and rear shocks with eibach coils. Zone upper control arms up front helped a lot. Definitely made my suspension happier when off-roading. Feels like the front tires move through the suspension a lot nicer. Sometime soon I’ll be ordering new rear control arms upper and lower from Clayton off-road.

OP
OP
chris52010trx4

chris52010trx4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Yea I have the newest version of the spring. I think the reason for lift difference comes from the fact that the trucks that have “raised ride height” from the factory sit 1” higher stock so these springs you’ll achieve 1” less of lift. My setup is really maxing out the cv shafts and the only reason I feel I haven’t blown them yet is setting my caster to 4°. The factory setup has the caster at 3° Which may not seem like much of a difference but pushing your caster up to 4° actually puts your wheel hub in line with the output shaft of the differential. At the stock 3° your wheel hub actually sits pushed back which increases the angle on your cv shafts. At the first notch I received around 1.75-2” of lift. At the third notch I received 2.75” of lift. I added a 1/4” thick puck spacer over the strut to achieve an extra 1/2” of lift due to losing about 1/4” of lift from my off-road bumper so I am sitting right at 3” of lift up front. When my bed is empty I measure 1.25” of lift in the rear from the eibach coils. Loaded with my spare and all my recovery gear so 200lbs, I lose 1/4” of height. For what my truck sees I think the setup does well. Bilstein 5100 struts and rear shocks with eibach coils. Zone upper control arms up front helped a lot. Definitely made my suspension happier when off-roading. Feels like the front tires move through the suspension a lot nicer. Sometime soon I’ll be ordering new rear control arms upper and lower from Clayton off-road.
Thanks man

GIJoe2010

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@crazykid1994 those CV angles look almost exactly like mine with 5100s at 2.8 on OEM springs. This gives me confidence in the setup I intend to run with 5100/Eibach up front with Icon progressive rear springs and shocks.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@crazykid1994 those CV angles look almost exactly like mine with 5100s at 2.8 on OEM springs. This gives me confidence in the setup I intend to run with 5100/Eibach up front with Icon progressive rear springs and shocks.
Yea given that 2.8 and 3” aren’t far apart I’d say yes. The eibach springs are great too. They ride a lot more controlled than the stock springs. It’s an odd but awesome feeling. They feel softer and absorb more impact while I feel less rebound and it almost feels like more of a floating feeling than being thrown around. All that just from these springs. Makes me scared to try King’s because I know I’ll get hooked immediately. Thanks to @ram1500rsm for putting Kings on my wish list and many other items as well

GIJoe2010

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I enjoy the elevation of the Bils at 2.8 on OEM springs, but they just don’t absorb bumps and such as well as I would expect. The OEM spring is just too stiff, so the Eibach combo should be in the Goldilocks zone.

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I keep reading all this info and keep bouncing around from me just adding eibach springs to the bils i have in the box to maybe ill do eibach springs and struts to damn ill just go with fox coils! Lol
The one thing about the fox coils is the ability to use a spanner wrench to adjust them, maybe fix any lean from one side to the other if needed. I think o have a ¼" lean now.

Sgambots91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yea given that 2.8 and 3” aren’t far apart I’d say yes. The eibach springs are great too. They ride a lot more controlled than the stock springs. It’s an odd but awesome feeling. They feel softer and absorb more impact while I feel less rebound and it almost feels like more of a floating feeling than being thrown around. All that just from these springs. Makes me scared to try King’s because I know I’ll get hooked immediately. Thanks to @ram1500rsm for putting Kings on my wish list and many other items as well

I’m sitting at 2.8 on my 5100’s with stock springs. My eibach coils came in today gonna install tomorrow. Which notch on the 5100 should I install these to achieve the same height roughly?

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m sitting at 2.8 on my 5100’s with stock springs. My eibach coils came in today gonna install tomorrow. Which notch on the 5100 should I install these to achieve the same height roughly?
The second notch should be about 2.5”. The third notch is about 3”

GIJoe2010

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Maybe so, but once the suspension wears in and settles you might get slightly less. With the advice of @crazykid1994 i went in the 3rd notch and I’m glad I did.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Installed them today at 2nd notch and a little disappointed with the height. Thinking of going 3rd notch now.
How much lift did it give you? Also are you a crew cab or quad cab? And what engine configuration? Some trucks are heavier and will receive less lift