Bilstien 5100's from 4wheelonline.com

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Calegg11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
First off if this is in the wrong spot I apologize.
So last week I ordered a set of ride height adjustable 5100's from 4wheelonline.com for $197.95. Great price lets do it. Amazingly they arrived a day later, yah after being told 5-7 business days I was stoaked, I got a free weekend and can do them sooner. This is where it takes a turn for the bad. I get home open the box like a Christmas present and pull the shocks out, "well ****." They were the wrong shocks, they had sent me rears. Email the company asking wht needed to be done since there was nothing wrong with them, they weren't defective, they were just all together not what I ordered. The response I got was the standard return them via the website. Ok, not the customer service I expected but sure I'll do it. As I'm reading through their return policy I see that when returning a product, I will be charged a second time for the product including freight on what was originally free shipping. "What why would I pay a second time when it was not my screw up." So I call the company and say hey I understand your return/exchange policy but this was not my fault why would I have to let you tie up another $197.95 of mine when it was you that sent me not what I ordered. "Well sir that's our policy and if you got the wrong equipment it's the manufacturers fault not ours, we can't just send you out a free pair. We might not get the originals back or you could try to return stuff we didn't send out." Now I find it hard to believe that Bilstien doesn't know what their own shocks are. Pretty sure they know the difference between the ride height adjustables and the rears, especially after they were on back order so long because they are so popular. So I ask, "your charging me a second time for something I've already paid for and didn't receive, what if I have an emergeny in that time period, am I just screwed?" The response "well if you put it that way yes you are."

Really, I understand you are a drop ship company but yes this is your fault. Manufacturers don't send just any product out, not to mention I paid you to give me the product I paid for. The responses given were along the lines of you should have expected to be returning the product and you would know we were going to screw you over.

After this incident all my mods will be going through supporting vendors that actually give a darn about reputation and service. All I ask as that after you read this please leave a response because I will be leaving a link to this thread and this review with the customer service to show how many people see bad service.

Thanks, again sorry if it is in the wrong place.

GrayHemi14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So you expect them to ship you a front set for free and trust you'll return the wrong ones originally sent?

Idk but what they are doing seems fine to me. Charge you again and refund you when you send the rears back.

OP
OP
Calegg11

Calegg11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes I do. They could do like most companies and send them out, if the others aren't returned then charge me. I had to trust them by paying them before receiving products, in the expectations of receiving what I paid for. Now if I had ordered the wrong product I would completely understand but what I recieved wasn't even what I ordered.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sabo