Body Colored Front Bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
Honestly the painted bumper hold up better than chrome, as long as you take care of it. Every time I had chrome bumpers they even start to pit and rust. i constantly clean my **** and it never mattered with chrome. Here in new York the salt is brutal.
It’s a regional thing. I’m in Texas. No, or very little, salt but perpetual road construction. Can’t get away from spilled sand & gravel on the highways. Other trucks had chrome with no issues.

OP
OP
G

gwilburn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 1500 Limited Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
You'll like the 3.92s, I do in my '17. I usually average 17.5-18mpg unloaded and I certainly appreciate the extra towing capacity. You may want to invest in some helper bags though, I plan to on mine. I hooked up our 28' box trailer at work just to move it around the building and it squatted my truck all the way to the stops unloaded, which is ~5k unloaded
I've had 3.92s on my 2001, 2005, and 2014. I have air suspension on the 2014 and it's standard on the 2023 Limited. No squatting at all (the trailer is the ONLY reason I got those again). My trailer is 6K loaded (max rated for 7000).
I would rather have a setup like the 2500 - regular springs with rear helper bags (factory). The auto-leveling feature of the 4-corner air suspension is nice.

The 33 gallon tank is nice... I have that on my 14 as well. When the light comes on, you still have 7+ gallons left LOL (can usually only get 25 gallons or so in it).

Hope I don't miss the 6'4" bed - they couldn't order that anymore for 2023 (it came standard with 33 gallon tank). It's a real b1t@h to park.

I get 14 mpg with my truck now (I drive 3 miles to work). I'll rarely see anything above 17 on the interstate, but I68 is probably the most mountainous interstate in the East (2000-3000 feet in elevation). You're always going up or down. Ford engineers come here from Detroit to test F150 & F250 transmission calibrations because of the long, relatively steep grades. Nothing get's good mpg's here.

TotallyHucked

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport CCLWB
Engine
I've had 3.92s on my 2001, 2005, and 2014. I have air suspension on the 2014 and it's standard on the 2023 Limited. No squatting at all (the trailer is the ONLY reason I got those again). My trailer is 6K loaded (max rated for 7000).
I would rather have a setup like the 2500 - regular springs with rear helper bags (factory). The auto-leveling feature of the 4-corner air suspension is nice.

The 33 gallon tank is nice... I have that on my 14 as well. When the light comes on, you still have 7+ gallons left LOL (can usually only get 25 gallons or so in it).

Hope I don't miss the 6'4" bed - they couldn't order that anymore for 2023 (it came standard with 33 gallon tank). It's a real b1t@h to park.

I get 14 mpg with my truck now (I drive 3 miles to work). I'll rarely see anything above 17 on the interstate, but I68 is probably the most mountainous interstate in the East (2000-3000 feet in elevation). You're always going up or down. Ford engineers come here from Detroit to test F150 & F250 transmission calibrations because of the long, relatively steep grades. Nothing get's good mpg's here.
We've got the factory bags with the kneeling feature on our '23 3500 dually, it's certainly nice. But I love the ride of my coil spring 1500. I've got the 6'4" bed and bigger tank too. It can be a challenge to park in certain places but I've already found it so much more useful than my old 5'7" boxes I've had in the past. I'll never go back if I can help it