Bonehead moment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well, 2020 is officially ****** for me...lol
Told mama I didnt want to go to drop off some clothes of hers to be altered after I got off work. Ended up taking her, when mama's happy......
Tight parking lot and busy lunchtime traffic. Pulled in, she did her thing, as Im backing out I see the spot across the drive was open so backed across to be able to pull out foreward. I was using mirrors to not scrape anything going maybe 5mph when thud!!
Fukn pole light concrete base jumped out and gave me a "slap ass"!!! (Keegan n Peele reference)
Pulled out then over to check.......
**** Damn **** Fu#k!!!!!!!!!
Cris Stapelton..."Nobody to blame but ME"

In hindsight(pun intended) I never ONCE looked at backup camera, what the hell was I thinking??

Found one on offerup for 175, so I can feel a little better about the classics ass looking good after this weekend

Edit...tried tailgate this morning...just barely opens if I pull down the trailer plug cover.
Gotta fix before monday workday

20200702_131008.jpg

20200702_142533.jpg

20200702_142612.jpg

20200702_142601.jpg

20200702_142539.jpg

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well the upside is the bumper did it's job and it doesn't look like it folded into the body panel to do even more damage.

**** happens to us all. It could have been worse.

I can't wait for 2020 to be over and we are only half way through it.

I just hope 2021 is less of a **** show.

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Chance are you have more damage than you think if the tailgate is hard to open.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk all grammar errors brought you by fat fingers and auto correct.

OP
OP
Ramm5.7

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Chance are you have more damage than you think if the tailgate is hard to open.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk all grammar errors brought you by fat fingers and auto correct.

Maybe I worded that wrong?
It opens fine but since the bumper buckled just was REAL careful to not chip paint and make sure it clears. It does but the tab sticking up from the wiring cover I have to move to not hit gate.

OP
OP
Ramm5.7

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sorry man, we all do bonehead things. I sometimes feel like the king of that. Have a nice adult beverage and take a breath.

Waaay ahead of ya but thanks!!
A couple last night to take the **** damn **** fu#k thoughts outta my head...lol
All good

DodgeLady

Military
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 L
Told mama I didnt want to go to drop off some clothes of hers to be altered after I got off work. Ended up taking her, when mama's happy......
Tight parking lot and busy lunchtime traffic. Pulled in, she did her thing, as Im backing out I see the spot across the drive was open so backed across to be able to pull out foreward. I was using mirrors to not scrape anything going maybe 5mph when thud!!
Fukn pole light concrete base jumped out and gave me a "slap ass"!!! (Keegan n Peele reference)

In hindsight(pun intended) I never ONCE looked at backup camera, what the hell was I thinking??

Found one on offerup for 175, so I can feel a little better about the classics ass looking good after this weekend

Edit...tried tailgate this morning...just barely opens if I pull down the trailer plug cover.

View attachment 214062

View attachment 214063

View attachment 214064

View attachment 214065

View attachment 214066

What a bummer! My front end has remnants of one of my stupid moments...
Hope it fixes up easily,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi

View attachment 214062

View attachment 214063

View attachment 214064

View attachment 214065

View attachment 214066
This is the one I did to mine 3 months after I got my new truck in 2019. I too backed into a concrete block that was a mount for a stupid little fence bordering a flower bed at my daughters condo. I was trying to watch the vehicle beside me & not be a **** & leave him enough room to get in, a moving truck that was parked where it didn't to be & my ass end. Something had to give. Crunch. Tire bump stop on the ground? Useless as you hit the pillar first.

I knew it would bug my OCD self to leave is so I decided if I could fix it for 500 or less it had to be done. Found an ex body guy who fixed it properly in his home garage for 350.

I had like a deja vu experience at my folks condo last week pulling into a visitor parking spot. Signs on it mounted of course to..a concrete pillar set so close that if you tried to hit the bump stop for your tires, you would hit the pillar first. I'm starting to think there is an Illuminati type organization of parking stall designers who intentionally are messing with is, giving a false sense of security with their concrete bumpers. I think they also started the "tall curb" conspiracy!bdad6326b6aa879ee0e8ba320beed8a5.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

tap4154

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
Hope that new one you're picking up comes with the mounting brackets because those are surely bent up. I backed into a small tree when this virus thing initially hit in a very crowded grocery parking lot, but fortunately I was able to bang the bumper out and shim it enough to make it look decent. Don't even notice it now. Good luck!

OP
OP
Ramm5.7

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hope that new one you're picking up comes with the mounting brackets because those are surely bent up. I backed into a small tree when this virus thing initially hit in a very crowded grocery parking lot, but fortunately I was able to bang the bumper out and shim it enough to make it look decent. Don't even notice it now. Good luck!

Ya, got the old one off, started straightening 1 side that was tweeked and cut my tailgate lightbar wiring in half. Opened the box and was, well crap all the brackets are here!! I saw them on initial inspection but had a senior moment...lol

TomB 1269

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wife backed in to mine in driveway similar damage.. $2k in bumper, brackets, paint and body work. PS; damage had no effect on tailgate opening however.....

Narg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
I personally have replaced a few too many rear bumpers on my trucks over the years. About half my fault (AKA bonehead stuff) and about half other peoples boneheadedness. Heck, even rear parking sensors didn't save me from myself a few years ago. Still bent it up enough to even damage the lower rear bed quarter panel.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
Did not hear rear your parking sensors telling you to stop?

dpinvidic

This guy gets shotgun
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did the same thing when the truck was 6 mo old. Was able to bend it "somewhat" back to get the gap right...still a ding in the bumper.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990