Boost your Ram's power gains with new K&N Air Intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Help your 2019-2020 Ram 2500/3500 run more efficiently, prolong its engine’s life and increase your power gains with the new dyno-proven Air Intake System by K&N. To ensure that your Ram runs smoothly even at the high RPM, the guys over at K&N have manufactured a perfect setup tuned to suit its specifications. The system consists of the finest-quality components professionally tailored to work together at their best.

Thus, the complete system includes custom-engineered high-density polyethylene rotationally-molded tube, a maintenance-free, washable, and reusable High-Flow Air Filter enclosed into a heat-resistant airbox, and application-specific mounting hardware.

K&N - Performance Air Intake System

knn-air-intake-complete-kit_0.jpg

knn-air-intake-heat-shield_0.jpg

knn-air-intake-for-diesel-ram_0.jpg

Fits: 2019-2021 Ram 2500/3500 6.7L L6 Diesel All Models

Specifications:

• Estimated Horsepower Gain 14.4 HP @ 2500 RPM
  • Replacement Filter RU-5292
  • Air Filter Color Red
  • Air Filter Material Cotton Gauze
  • Air Filter Outlet Shape Round
  • Clamps Included 3
  • Clamp Material Stainless Steel
  • Clamp Style Worm Gear
  • Couplers Included 1
  • Product Style 63 Series Aircharger Kits
  • Intake Pipe Color / Finish Black
  • Intake Pipe Material High-Density Cross-Linked Polyethylene
  • Street Legal In All US States No
  • TUV Approved (Europe) No
  • Weight 20 lb (9.1 kg)

Features:

• Guaranteed to increase horsepower and torque
  • Enclosed air box helps protect the filter from heat in the engine bay
  • Roto-molded HDPE intake tube paired with oversized oiled cotton air filter
  • Engineered to provide high airflow and exceptional filtration
  • Filter only requires cleaning every 100,000 miles under normal highway driving conditions
  • Typical installation can be completed in 90 minutes or less with simple hand tools
  • 10-Year/Million Mile Limited Warranty™
  • Will not void vehicle warranty

Use this link to get more information about the new K&N product.

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Had a K&N on when I bought my truck and threw that hot air sucker in the trash.
Vararam is the only "true" dyno proven CAI with HP gain results you can get, S&B after that.
Not to mention, you can't beat that "old school" killer looks!
Spend your money wisely.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Had a K&N on when I bought my truck and threw that hot air sucker in the trash.
Vararam is the only "true" dyno proven CAI with HP gain results you can get, S&B after that.
Not to mention, you can't beat that "old school" killer looks!
Spend your money wisely.
The new k&n pictured is a closed box that just replaces the stock box including the air inlet. It’s not the old open element filter style like you mention. Basically it’s functions exactly as stock but utilizes a larger freer flowing air filter.

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The new k&n pictured is a closed box that just replaces the stock box including the air inlet. It’s not the old open element filter style like you mention. Basically it’s functions exactly as stock but utilizes a larger freer flowing air filter.
Good to hear, but it still can't come close to the Vararam for the same kind of money.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good to hear, but it still can't come close to the Vararam for the same kind of money.
The new rams copied the Vararam design and use an air scoop in the same location as the vararam does to force air into the air box so stock works just as well at scooping air. You may want to do some research on that. Also the vehicle noted is a Cummins diesel anyways which the vararam doesn’t fit and would be useless on to begin with

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The new rams copied the Vararam design and use an air scoop in the same location as the vararam does to force air into the air box so stock works just as well at scooping air. You may want to do some research on that. Also the vehicle noted is a Cummins diesel anyways which the vararam doesn’t fit and would be useless on to begin with
Yeah, I noticed that. No big surprise they copied Vararam's idea, but personally I still like Vararam's style better even though they probably have the same results in the end.

OP
OP
carid

carid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
I couldn't have said better. Thanks!