Borla Type-S for 5 gen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Musky Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
What do you think about swapping the stock muffler with the Borla Type-S (400436) muffler. Looking for a muffler that is a little louder than stock with no drone. I didn’t see a Borla Touring muffler with 3” in/out or a Solo Mach muffler in that size. Looking through old 4 gen posts, these seem to be the only mufflers with no drone. Corsa is also listed as no drone, but I’m not sure you can just get the muffler and it really changes the tone of the exhaust.

brian42

Military
Reaction score
Last I checked Borla was only offering cat-back kits for the 5th Gen. There is an optional resonator you can purchase if the Borla kit you chose was too loud for you (knocks it down "1" level: A-TAK to Type-S, Type-S to Touring, and Touring to stock-ish).

They may offer the muffler in the future but not at this time.

From Borla's website: https://www.borla.com/search/?field...Application:+ram~+OR+Model:+ram~+OR+sku:ram~)

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Last I checked Borla was only offering cat-back kits for the 5th Gen. There is an optional resonator you can purchase if the Borla kit you chose was too loud for you (knocks it down "1" level: A-TAK to Type-S, Type-S to Touring, and Touring to stock-ish).

They may offer the muffler in the future but not at this time.

From Borla's website: https://www.borla.com/search/?field...Application:+ram~+OR+Model:+ram~+OR+sku:ram~)

If the inlet and outlets are the right size it shouldn’t matter. Your just putting a free flowing muffler on it.
I put the same one that I had in my 2016 and it sounds great and it also got rid of that 55 gal drum out from under the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Im thinking about it too, only the pro xs muffler, we'll see

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If the inlet and outlets are the right size it shouldn’t matter. Your just putting a free flowing muffler on it.
I put the same one that I had in my 2016 and it sounds great and it also got rid of that 55 gal drum out from under the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly, feel like so many people put whole new cat backs on brand new trucks, never understood that. I know some people are going for as much possible efficiency they can get without concern of financial efficiency, but I see so many people that just want a different sound doing a whole new catback, very unnecessary.

OP
OP
Musky Mike

Musky Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone installed MR300 or QR300 yet?

there is a few out there but it is a newer product so not much feedback just yet. So far the little feedback we have is positive.

OP
OP
Musky Mike

Musky Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
there is a few out there but it is a newer product so not much feedback just yet. So far the little feedback we have is positive.
I asked because I want zero drone and I wanted hear from actual users about how the system sounds.