I swapped Corsa for Borla Touring now that I have LT's, here is my take.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

16WhiteQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have been running the Corsa catback for a few years now and have always been happy with it. I did miss the low tone burble and sound of the 18" mufflex I ran but not the drone. There is no drone with the Corsa, none, ever!

Well, I recently installed ARH 1 3/4" LT's with cats...and well...the Corsa was way to loud (outside) after! It was still dead silent inside while on the highway.

I had to quiet down the exhaust so I searched and searched and drove Nick crazy but I settled on a new Borla Touring catback!

Here is my take, keep in mind the Borla is not "broken in" and only has a few miles on it, the Corsa was on the truck for a few years.

First and most important - cold start!
Corsa = Nascar open header initial bark followed by 30sec. of grumbling then fairly quiet. I was embarrassed and felt bad for my neighbors in the morning after the headers. -- https://www.youtube.com/shorts/OdCrdxkuBeI
Borla = Very mellow and deep, my neighbors should havr 0 complaints. I can hear it inside the house a good bit more over than the Corsa due to the lower tone, but its very mellow. -- https://www.youtube.com/shorts/tvk4EcX_O0c

Warm start/idle
Corsa = not bad, mild and livable. You know it's a V8 for sure and has a unique sound.
Borla = mellow, deep tone. Think old big block RV or truck.

Driving, outside
Corsa = Loud, no question. Mild acceleration is not bad, hit the gas and it's loud, rowdy and raspy - no longer sounded good to me.
Borla = Mild, tame. Mild acceleration is noticeable mainly due to the deep tone vs volume. Hit the gas and its still tameish, not stock but also not super loud - perfect!

Driving, inside
Corsa = No deep tone, just clear mild exhaust sound under normal driving. Get on it and still not super loud, but loud - NO DRONE!!!!
Borla = There is low tone/mild drone while around town or back roads driving at 1500RPM. Get on it and still fairly quite/mild inside. 55-60mph and 1500rpm there is low tone/mild drone here and there. 70ish and it's quiet inside, no noticeable deep tone/drone. -- not sure how I feel about the mild drone yet.

Overall
Honestly the Corsa was quieter/more refined inside the cab, hand down no question! The Borla is quieter outside by a long shot, it's not broken in so I assume it will get a little louder. Short of getting used to the increased sound in the cab I am very happy with the switch. I must be getting too old for the loud and rowdy crowd!

Corsa on stock manifolds/cats is an amazing exhaust, loud outside when you want it with good tones and quite inside. With headers it was just too much for me.
The Corsa will be up for sale soon.

Last edited:

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Great right up and the vids were a bonus! Let that Borla system break in a little. It will change the frequency of the exhaust tone which can change the drone. It may reduce the drone. Another thing is since drone is a frequency it effects everyone differently as some people are more sensitive than others to certain frequencies. It breaking in will change the frequency and sound slightly, so hopefully that helps

OP
OP
16WhiteQC

16WhiteQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Forgot to attached pictures if anyone wanted to see how the Corsa and Borla looked next to each other.

Corsa had been on the truck for a few years, in the snow belt. Held up great, little wire wheel and it should look newish.

Borla measured 24" on the muffler FWIW

Attachments

• PXL_20231112_180245133.jpg
    PXL_20231112_180245133.jpg
    337.9 KB · Views: 22
  • PXL_20231112_180308616.jpg
    PXL_20231112_180308616.jpg
    399.5 KB · Views: 22
  • PXL_20231112_180612104.jpg
    PXL_20231112_180612104.jpg
    275.9 KB · Views: 22
OP
OP
16WhiteQC

16WhiteQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Little update now that I have 300+ miles on the Borla.

Yes, it does have mild drone at 1500rpm, not as bad as other systems I have had but it is there. The exhaust does have more exhaust sound in the cab than the corsa but it is not invasive.

The Borla is still breaking in and the sound is changing a bit. The tone through the RPM's is becoming more refined and not just one similar tone.

Drone is very subjective, I am sensitive to low tones/frequencies. The Borla is not bad at all, its just the nature of the exhaust tone at that RPM.

OP
OP
16WhiteQC

16WhiteQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Another update as the exhaust breaks in.

Cold starts have gotten a little louder, very deep tone that can clearly be heard from inside the house for the first 30 sec. or so. Still not as loud as the Corsa was by any means.

Drone - very subjective as stated previously and honestly is not really drone per say. It's just a very deep tone/sound at 1500, no real "resonating" in the cab, just tone.

Highway - 75-80 she purrs and you can hear the exhaust for sure. It is louder than the Corsa for sure but the Corsa was damn near silent. Hit a small hill/put a load on her and it gets a little louder inside. Have to bump he volume about 5 clicks more than before (over the tire noise). It could get annoying on long trips.

Overall I am happy with the switch, I like how the truck sounds much better, the Borla fits the "truck" sound better.

Side note, the truck is nasty now that I have some miles on the headers/exhaust. Very noticeable power bump!

emjohn4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I put a Borla resonator on my truck (I'm running the 24-in magnaflow), but had drone at the same RPM.

The resonator really knocked down, but not eliminated, the drone. I'd say it's probably 70-80% reduced.

TotallyHucked

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport CCLWB
Engine
I guess I still haven't gotten old enough to hate the noise lol, that sounded awesome with the Corsa! Definitely wanna get a Corsa setup for my Sport at some point. I've got a cheapo muffler from Amazon that's ok, but definitely need Corsa in my life. Just did some Texas Speed longtubes on a buddy's 6.2 GMC with the Corsa and cats, it's awesome

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Borla hands down. I thought about doing the borla touring but decided on the JBA catback. If you wanted to knock that down even more the JBA might be the ticket. I'm sensitive to drone as well and have had 4-5 setups on mine and the JBA is the best all around. I had the Borla pro XS with an additional muffler to help fight drone. ZZDP sells a muffler specific to drone and it helped a ton with that on the ram which I installed infront of the muffler. You have the Borla now which is 304 and nice and the JBA is 409ss so it won't last as long. JBA does sell the muffler seperate which is a single 3" in/out (BIG BOY THO) so use a Ypipe to conver to duals and your all set. Inside the muffler is a Xpipe which I have never seen in a single in/out config before.