brakes pull left-help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Glynn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 1997 shortbed 4x4 is lifted 6 inches with a 3" body and a 3" suspension lift.
My truck had a death wobble and pulled to the left when braking.
The death wobble is cured but it still pulls hard to the left when braking.
I have replaced the following.
wheel bearings-calipers-hoses-slotted rotors-pads
complete front end kit with trac bars
steering gear and pitman arm
Rough Country double piston stabilizer bar

Before I sink $200 per proportioning valve just to experiment, I wonder if anyone can offer an alternative I have not thought of. I have to be running out of parts to replace soon?

ps. when I bleed the brakes the left brake goes to floor fast and the right brake goes to floor slow. They have been bled 6 times.

smithwessn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
The right brake bleeding slow could indicate a restriction somewhere. If you aren't getting full hydraulic pressure to the right side, the left side is doing most of the work. Think about a tank, or a bulldozer with treads. If you apply the brake to the left side tread, the tank goes to the left. Not the exact same thing, but similar. I would check the rubber brake hose between the line and the caliper. It could be twisted or collapsed internally causing fluid restriction.

I've seen guys twist the brake hose when they put the caliper back on and didn't even realize it.