break lights work on the trailer but not the truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
whats up guys, i have a 2004 ram 1500 5.7 "hemi magnum" and i use it as my work truck so most of the time im pulling an enclosed trailer with it. i pulled up at my buddies house tonight and he noticed that the brake lights on my trailer were working but not the brake lights on the truck. all the running lights and blinkers work on the truck and all of the lights work on the trailer but the brake lights dont work on the truck. so we unplugged the trailer lights to see if maybe the truck brake lights would start working but nothing changed.
i havent looked too far into it and the trailer stays hooked to the truck so its not that big of a deal right now i just thought it was weird and was curious if anyone has had a simular problem.
let me know what yall think, thanks.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
yep, fuse or, and this would be funny, bulbs burned out, one adn then the other, just went and you never noticed it.

and, no, its never happend to me.nope, never, don;t care what my Wife says, she lies I tell you

L I E S

OP
OP
Caine espinoza
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Does the cab mounted brake light work on the truck? Check fuses and the brake light switch
no the cab mounted brake light on the truck doesnt work either, ill check out the fuse and switch.
i figured it was a fuse or something but it was late lastnight when we noticed it so we didnt really look too far into it, the trailer lights were working so i just sent it.
thanks for the feed back, i really appreciate it.