Bucket seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I have the 5th gen Ram with the bench/bucket seats and my son has a 5th gen Rebel with the bucket seat/center console. The bucket seats on the bench configuration are a little wider and much more comfortable if you are a bigger guy like me. On the rebel the seats always have me riding on one bolster or the other, cocking my back. Just wanted to point this out to anyone looking at the new Rams. You can only get the wider seats on the Laramie or below but you can load up a laramie to Limited levels.

Ibsledge

Military
Reaction score
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I too purchased the bench/ bucket seat. My 2013 ram had the bucket with full console. Best decision for me with my right knee issue.

Long Range

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the 5th gen Ram with the bench/bucket seats and my son has a 5th gen Rebel with the bucket seat/center console. The bucket seats on the bench configuration are a little wider and much more comfortable if you are a bigger guy like me. On the rebel the seats always have me riding on one bolster or the other, cocking my back. Just wanted to point this out to anyone looking at the new Rams. You can only get the wider seats on the Laramie or below but you can load up a laramie to Limited levels.

Long Range

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm getting ready to order a new Laramie and trying to decide on to getting the console or the bench/ buckets front seats. My 2012 has the Bench/buckets because I felt the console was to wide limiting your lateral leg room. The 2021 seems like you have a little more lateral room but your saying not and of course you can't find one anywhere the doesn't have the console in it. Im 6'4 so your saying if your tall an weigh 280 the console isn't for me ???

OP
OP
soapy

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I personally like the bench seat option. I even ordered another truck with it as a option but Ram won't make it right now due to chip shortages and options I want to load it up with. I will wait for it to become available in the future.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I've owned both, and prefer the center console because of the extra storage. I'm not small (6'1" 200 lbs) but the bucket seats with the console are very comfortable for me. I advise anyone who is trying to decide to just drive each and base your decision on that.