BULB SIZE FOR REAR TURN SIGNAL RAM 1500 BIG HORN V8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Travis Wilson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1 V8
I have seen 2 different sizes for the Rear Turn Signal. Non Projector. In the manual it says 3157 and I have seen that online. I also have seen PW24W on some LED Light sites and when I called a RAM parts department, they said PW24W.

I purchased 3157 LED lights and they slide in but do not lock into place. I then ordered PW24W which came in today but I can tell by looking at them they are to thin to fit into the connector.

Anyone change their Turn Signal to LED and if so what size and where did you buy them?

Thanks,

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Travis WELCOME to the group ! I am no help but you should get some good replies ! Also LED's have been talked about alot on site, but do not remember fitment issues, I will be following , Good luck

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, I have a 2019 5th Gen DT truck with all OEM LED. However, I copied 2 areas from my Manual for 2019 Bighorn, 5th Gen. Now if U have a Classic 2019 DS truck, dunno.Best I can do. ALl I know if my stuff goes bad, not a Bulb replacement, entire Fixture replacement, grrrrrrrrrrrr.

bulbs1.JPG
bulbs2.JPG

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have seen 2 different sizes for the Rear Turn Signal. Non Projector. In the manual it says 3157 and I have seen that online. I also have seen PW24W on some LED Light sites and when I called a RAM parts department, they said PW24W.

I purchased 3157 LED lights and they slide in but do not lock into place. I then ordered PW24W which came in today but I can tell by looking at them they are to thin to fit into the connector.

Anyone change their Turn Signal to LED and if so what size and where did you buy them?

Thanks,

2019 Classic or the new body style?

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x2 Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
New body style would be W21W. I have a pair of Lasfit LED bulbs arriving tomorrow.

OP
OP
T

Travis Wilson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1 V8
Thanks for the input. So I have the new body style. After looking arpund some more online I pulled my 3157s back out of the box i was going to ship them back to LASFIT in. Now mind you I have already changed the tsil light and reverse light...all that works fine.

So I put it in and it doesnt snap in place like the bulb it came with does BUT I go turn on truck and its working. I pull it back out, adjust these two center pins and it holds it tighter. Still not a good snap but good enough it would hold.

SO....i go to put in light housing and.......the bulb is to big to fit through the hole.....LOL. it was the LASFIT with the built in Canbus. Anyway so I ordered smaller 3157s from amazon because they ship faster with a set of resistors.

Let me know how the W21Ws wirk out. I changed my reverse light with the LASFIT smaller one. I will keep you posted on this turn signal endeavor. They come in Sunday.

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Well, I inputted the wrong number in my post above as the bulb that is in ours is a WY21W. I got a good look at one when I was preparing to install my Lasfit that just arrived and it is a T-3157A. It fit snug in the lead but like you the bulb was too big to fit in ten hole in the housing. I started the return process with Amazon to send it back and hope Lasfit will provide the correct part number this time as their customer service sucks!!! I called and emailed them, and they told me the T-3157A but there isn’t any way that baby will fit in our housings. I’m in the same boat as you and have replaced everything but the rear turn signal...great led lights when you get the correct ones!

OP
OP
T

Travis Wilson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1 V8
So I was assuming that since LASFIT tries to have minimum molds to allow for more fits that theirs was wonky....Don't ask me why I thought that...just did...LOL. So I ordered smaller 3157 from Amazon, Antiline brand and even though they will fit in the housing I didn't even try to turn them on....same issue, they do not snap into place. So I looked really, really, really hard at the bulb and you are correct, the bulb in there is a wy21w. Crazy thing is my owner manual doesn't say that...the parts guy at Dodge didn't say that. Anyway, order number 3! I am going to find wy21w's that will fit into the socket and that should be it! I hope.

!!!!!!Wait. Just came back to computer. As I was typing this I looked at LASFITs website. That is where I ordered all my stuff. Saw that WY21W is the same as 7443. Well while I was doing my wifes truck I was doing my Chev Silverado also but yesterday took all the lights back out because I traded it in on a 19 Dodge Durango. The front turn signals on the Chev Silverdo were 7443 SO....works perfect. The canbus WY21W is smaller than the 3157, snaps in perfectly and fits in great. No hyperflash and works awesome. So that is they ticket!

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
OP
OP
T

Travis Wilson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1 V8
So here is everything I used all from LASFIT LED:

Low Beam and Fog Lights: https://www.lasfit.com/products/h11...g-light-la-series?_pos=1&_sid=f661d8ebe&_ss=r

High Beam: https://www.lasfit.com/products/900...gh-beam-la-series?_pos=1&_sid=a95eb27fb&_ss=r

For the turn signals I did not want the "Switchback" so I just got Amber ones. NOTE: For front make sure you get "CK SOCKET"

Front Turn Signals (Amber): https://www.lasfit.com/products/amb...b-anti-flickering?_pos=6&_sid=62e9a7b0c&_ss=r

Rear Turn Signals (Amber): https://www.lasfit.com/products/lasfit-7440-7441-w21w-led-turn-signal-lights-canbus-error-free

Rear Tail/Stop Light (Red): https://www.lasfit.com/products/7443-7444-canbus-error-free-led-turn-signal-light-bulb-brilliant-red

Reverse Light (White): https://www.lasfit.com/products/lasfit-7443-7440-white-led-bulb

Cargo Light (White): https://www.lasfit.com/collections/...-mount-stop-dome-light-bulbs-6000k-pure-white

3RD Brake Light (Red): https://www.lasfit.com/collections/...stop-dome-reverse-trunk-light-bulbs-6000k-red

I did worry about the side markers....did that on my Jeep and it really didn't make much of a difference.

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Yes, I received the T-7440A bulbs today and they fit solid with a significant increase in brightness of the rear turn signals. Thanks for the list as my finals bulbs to order are the headlights and dogs.

ToyHaulin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L v8 Hemi® MDS VVT
I don't like how the OEM lighting system uses a dimmer to slowly illuminate the interior. If you open a door to grab a tool or something, I feel like you have to wait two seconds before you can see what you're looking for.

Do LEDs make this latency worse? Is there an option to disable this so lights go bright quicker?

I might want to add some rear (crew cab) floor light fixtures as well.

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
The LEDs seem to come on quicker but could be just my imagination.

One thing is for certain - they are much, much brighter than the standard bulbs which may account for why the cab seems to get brighter faster. Love the Lasfit LEDs in the overhead console, dome light, foot wells and glove box.

My old eyes need the brighter white and they make it much easier to see inside the cab. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.

For your reference if you decide to install Lasfit: How to: Upgrade interior lights to LED | DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums

Last edited:

ISellRams22

TxnRamTrvlr
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
At this point for everything on the list with tax $450, is it just better to buy new housing ? Ones that look cooler?

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
At this point for everything on the list with tax $450, is it just better to buy new housing ? Ones that look cooler?
Where are you getting your pricing? Did you try Amazon?

ISellRams22

TxnRamTrvlr
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Where are you getting your pricing? Did you try Amazon?
I clicked on em the links posted for all the replacements bulbs and it was 450 with tax for reverse, parking, front hi and low, rear and cargo

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I clicked on em the links posted for all the replacements bulbs and it was 450 with tax for reverse, parking, front hi and low, rear and cargo
Agree...the links are directly with Lasfit.

Got to Amazon and price compare - that's what I did - and you can typically save 30% to 40% off the Lasfit website pricing.