Burning oil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jkrueger34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys,
I am new to the forum. So first off, thanks for having me.
I have a 2008 Ram with a 5.7 Hemi. It has 44,000 miles on it, and I noticed that the oil was a bit low on the dipstick. I added a quart of oil and ran it, about 2000 miles later, I had to add another quart of oil and then crawled underneath it and looked very closely. It is not leaking oil anywhere. I then looked at the exhaust pipe and saw that it was black on the inside and about 1/4 inch on the outside. Any thoughts?

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you notice any blue-ish colored smoke out of your exhaust? Try paying attention to that, especially when accelerating and stuff like that. If you do, than ya its burning it. You could also have a leak that only happens when the truck is running and you never notice it. I know I have a little oil leak on my valve cover and it sometimes drops a little on the exhaust manifold and just burns up so you cant find any trace of a leak