busted charcoal canister

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ram15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I went wheeling tonight and at the start of the trail I ended up hitting a pretty large cement block on my passenger side. It bent some metal and broke a rectangular canister that spilled what looked like charcoal all over the ground. Is this part of my smog stuff, it seems to run fine with it broken but I still want to fix it. If any body knows what it is please help me out thanks.

Texas Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I found mine one day just kind of hanging on my '98. I held on to it but never looked into fixing it, still runs like a top

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
Yes its part of your emissions. some of those parts can get pricey for a coffee can with charcoal in it

OP
OP
R

ram15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i looked online and all i can find is the circular canister not the one i broke. do you guys know where i can find one. i wanna fix it in case i wanna resell my truck someday.

loki223

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Seeing that your in cali, i am guessing you have regular emissions testing? If so, i don't think you will pass without the canister. Its not something your truck needs, just smog controls. the round canisters should work. look at how yours connects, and look how the aftermarket one connects. might just need to mount it somewhere, its been forever since i've looked at one so i couldn't tell you off hand

Okiespaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum, 5.9
Rock Auto lists them...app is 2001 but you have either the square or round one, right?

2001 DODGE RAM 1500 PICKUP Vapor Canister

On my 2000 there are two canisters together. One is a vapor container to the selenoid (square) and the other one(round) is the charcoal system.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

ram15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
okiespaniel that's what i need but on my truck the charcoal canister was the square on that broke. its a little bit cheaper on rock auto than at the local dealership so i think im gonna order online, thanks for the link. a part for a 2000 should work for my 1999 and if it doesn't i can always return it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500