buying a 2014 ram 6.4 2500 without anti spin diff?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Thanks for the lead, that truck has just about everything I'm looking for except the uconnect radio.

can I ask what you used to search for this truck?

Thanks,
Andy

Go on ramtrucks.com and build a 2014 how you want it and when you get to the end it will give you an option to search inventory.
I thought it had everything you wanted so I stopped looking... Hopefully you find your truck! I found a different one but it didn't have 4.10s but it did have the "upgraded" radio.

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Go on ramtrucks.com and build a 2014 how you want it and when you get to the end it will give you an option to search inventory.
I thought it had everything you wanted so I stopped looking... Hopefully you find your truck! I found a different one but it didn't have 4.10s but it did have the "upgraded" radio.

Easier to upgrade the radio than the axle :roflsquared: but if you find a truck at a distance you love you can always check carmax to see what they will give you for the tundra. They are pretty close to kbb on what they offer. when I traded my old truck in I took it to Carmax and they told me they would give me 15 flat, at the time kbb was 15,200. The dealer ship offered me 13 and I told them no
Carmax would give me 15 for it and they went back at me one more time how about I make it even with tax savings I said nope 15 or I'll go sell it on my own (they don't want you to leave) and they took deal. It's always worth a try.

Oilbelcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Laramie Limited Diesel
Engine
Diesel 3.0
Point 1 and 2 are deal breakers for me. Unless you had a long extended Factory warranty thrown in for free, run from he first truck. Who knows what lemon it was that caused the first owner to rid of it.

Be patient and look around. Has to be more than those two options. A buyer who is impatient is just money bags to a greedy dealer.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you owe anything on your Tundra, or are you just trying to maximize its value towards the purchase of the RAM?
Our last 2 purchases (one used, one new, both from dealers) we inflated the price of what we owed, and they agreed. For the trouble of selling privately, I was very happy each time getting what we did for our existing vehicles.
BUT...
Make them treat it like 2 deals so they don't hide costs intertwined in the paperwork where you can't see it.
It IS possible :)

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
as someone that drives on snow/ice a lot i'd never buy a truck without LSD. modern traction control can somewhat make up for it but really it'll never be as effective as LSD or even better a diff lock. with an open diff a 2WD truck is basically 1WD and a 4WD is basically 2WD(1 front 1 rear). LSD or locker in the rear makes it a 3WD(2 rear 1 front) if you also have LSD or a diff lock in the front it becomes 4WD. i believe the best you can get from the factory is 3WD on any model except the powerwagon

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Point 1 and 2 are deal breakers for me. Unless you had a long extended Factory warranty thrown in for free, run from he first truck. Who knows what lemon it was that caused the first owner to rid of it.

Be patient and look around. Has to be more than those two options. A buyer who is impatient is just money bags to a greedy dealer.

Where did it say the truck was used?...

whatroads

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 QC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7 w/ 3.92
I plan on a 2500 6.4 in the future. It looks like I can get a Detroit Locker which I would very much prefer to the LSD. 4.10 is also on the must have list

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I plan on a 2500 6.4 in the future. It looks like I can get a Detroit Locker which I would very much prefer to the LSD. 4.10 is also on the must have list

They are preferred for maximum traction but you give up a lot of on road comfort, especially in dry weather and snowy roads.

OP
OP
K

katoom400

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Where did it say the truck was used?...
yeah it was a brand new truck giving crap already...not a good sign....it might be fixed forever....or it might be a problem forever....right now it's the dealers problem, not mine!

ForceofWill

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 CC Trades
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have 3.73s and with the stock tires they are fine. Truck was great. With the 35s I have now, it's noticeably more sluggish and requires more throttle to keep a steady speed even at 60mph. As such my mpg went from about 13.5-14 to 11.

Now keep in mind this only bothers me when looking at the mpg screen. The truck has plenty of power still and will easily accelerate and spin these from the line. Just with the gears highway is always in an rpm band that would be better with 4.10s.