Buying a Rebel, input from owners wanted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rambutz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Had my '19 Rebel since September - overall great truck however...

I bought mine off the dealer lot, had the majority of what I wanted, but here's what I would change next time

Don't get the factory tonneau cover - it has a nice look but i'm just waiting for it to fly off in high wind. It has 4 unadjustable tension latches, and it wiggles and wriggles something awful at high speeds. We just had 60mph winds here, and I thought for sure it was going to take off. I'm sure you could get another cover for a lot less aftermarket that would secure much tighter

I have the 8" U-connect with Nav - best option IMO - the 12" screen is probably what you read about having the most issues

I have the PANO Sunroof - no leaks, but my headliner has rattles. I've solved most by adding some foam where I can hear it, but I haven't read of anyone having rattles without a sunroof. I will mention to the dealer at my first oil change, otherwise I'm not going to bring it in for this issue. I've never been a must-have sunroof buyer, but I do really like having it open all the time. Its got enough tint that it lets light in but not blazing on my head, and its enjoyable at night. The truck does feel a bit more claustrophobic when the shade is closed

Next time I would get the power mirrors with BSM - I hate that with the tow package you're forced into these giant mirrors and can't get the blind spot monitoring. I don't do much towing but 3 or 4 times a year and could live without the brake controller. My truck lives outside but these mirrors would make it impossible to park in the garage even if I wanted to.

I have the E-Torque motor - so far so good. I am rarely in stop/go traffic, so its probably not saving me anything at the pump

I came from a 2006 Silverado before my Rebel, and the #1 reason I went with the Rebel over any other trim/model was the look. Things that don't make any sense to me on a $60K truck are the following, and I hope RAM improves the next time around...

1. Non power passenger seat - WTF???
2. Non heated rear seats - WTF???
3. No ventilated seats - WTF???

i came from an 07Avalanche.to a rebel because of the exit/entry.all the other truck roof are to low.

jdeere05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Im hoping in the future they do ventilated seating. I love my Laramie sport just wish I could combine the Rebels and the Laramie and I would go get one

reb0957

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
I thought you could get ventilated seating, or is that only in Rebel12 package?

19Jake

♕ REBEL LIFE ♕
Reaction score
Ram Year
'19 Rebel 12 HK
Engine
I thought you could get ventilated seating, or is that only in Rebel12 package?
Vented seats unavailable on any Rebel
Rebel 12 center section's perforated
IMG_2782.JPG