CAI cleaning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How often should I be cleaning my CAI? I have the dual intake from 3rd Strike and it's a dry filter.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
what does the manufacturer of the dry filter recommend?

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
1. REMOVE FILTER: Remove the air filter from the intake pipe, the OE airbox, or the custom assembly. Handling carefully, lightly tap off all loose dirt and debris.
2. APPLY CLEANER: Liberally spray Dryflow™ cleaner onto both sides of the filter, with the majority of it applied to the dirty side. Allow to soak in for 10 minutes. Do not allow it to dry on the air filter.
3. RINSE FILTER: Rinse off the filter element with cool or warm (not hot) water from the clean side out in order to flush the dirt out of the filter. It may be necessary to use your fingers on the hose, to apply light water pressure. Repeat steps 2 and 3, until the water flowing through the media is completely clear of any dirt and debris.
4. DRY AND RE-INSTALL FILTER: After rinsing, gently shake off excessive water and allow to dry naturally or carefully use compressed air to help speed the drying cycle. Re-install the filter onto the intake system, airbox or custom assembly once it is dry or just slightly damp. Follow all original installation instructions.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I'd have to check with Duane

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

i was asking out of curiosity because it is a dry filter. I would think your driving conditions(for you.....not driven much and basically to shows) will be the ultimate determining factor.

bigbadram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know mine is way overdue as my truck is a DD. Come to think of it, I don't recall cleaning it since putting it on. That is bad.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I know mine is way overdue as my truck is a DD. Come to think of it, I don't recall cleaning it since putting it on. That is bad.

sounds like you have one hell of a busy weekend ahead of you ;)

ramin44s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
^ how do you like your dual intake? ive been looking into a CAi for my truck

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
Post #6
1. REMOVE FILTER: Remove the air filter from the intake pipe, the OE airbox, or the custom assembly. Handling carefully, lightly tap off all loose dirt and debris.
2. APPLY CLEANER: Liberally spray Dryflow™ cleaner onto both sides of the filter, with the majority of it applied to the dirty side. Allow to soak in for 10 minutes. Do not allow it to dry on the air filter.
3. RINSE FILTER: Rinse off the filter element with cool or warm (not hot) water from the clean side out in order to flush the dirt out of the filter. It may be necessary to use your fingers on the hose, to apply light water pressure. Repeat steps 2 and 3, until the water flowing through the media is completely clear of any dirt and debris.
4. DRY AND RE-INSTALL FILTER: After rinsing, gently shake off excessive water and allow to dry naturally or carefully use compressed air to help speed the drying cycle. Re-install the filter onto the intake system, airbox or custom assembly once it is dry or just slightly damp. Follow all original installation instructions.