Can't wait to get it lifted!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramember when

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, long story short, the truck needs shocks & I was pricing them when I stumbled on a great deal for a 4" Rough Country lift for close to the price of the shocks (has N3 shocks). Bought it, bought rims but wondering if I need new leafs. 1st truck ever! Always had slammed cars. Lol. Project rust bucket. Lol. Have rocker & cab corners that need to be welded, truck is rusted but trying to bring her back more glorious than ever. What other than blocks have you guys used for the rear? Will definitely get it aligned once it's installed. Sorry, just excited & thanks for reading my rant :p:)

Attachments

• 20220210_152434.jpg
    20220210_152434.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 6

Ole Buck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
dude I am your blessing !!!!!!!!! I just installed a rough country 5 inch on mine. did it all myself. tell me a little more about your truck I can probably tell you bolt for bolt and nut for nut what you need and what you are facing.

OP
OP
R

Ramember when

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
dude I am your blessing !!!!!!!!! I just installed a rough country 5 inch on mine. did it all myself. tell me a little more about your truck I can probably tell you bolt for bolt and nut for nut what you need and what you are facing.
Buddy who's done several is going to do it & I'm giving him a hand. 2005 1500 4wd. Since we're going to be down there, new bearings, control arms, tie rods, brakes, pads & rotors. Have a torsion bar & heard there are bushings on it but couldn't find a part # anywhere.

5'' ! Awesome. How do you like the ride? What size wheels are you running?

Ole Buck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
the ride is fine, actually its very nice considering I replaced 18 year old components with new ones. I did the exact same as you are planning, i replaced everything almost identical to your list above. If i remember correctly my new lower control arms came with the bushing already in place. I am running 37's now on 20x10's but i also added a 3inch body lift while i was doing every thing, easiest body lift i have ever done. Your front factory rims will not fit with the lift. You dont need new leafs. You will need to adjust your torsion bars a little higher after the lift is installed because the factory rake on these trucks is magnified greatly once the lift is on. The high tail end is quiet noticeable. Unless you like that look. snug up your bolts but DO NOT tighten anything until that joker is sitting on flat ground. make sure after a few days, miles, you go back and tighten everything. 4.7 or hemi? if a Hemi you will need some exhaust modifications, if its a 4.7 no issues.

OP
OP
R

Ramember when

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Plus a body lift! I don't think my old a$$ would be able to get in. Lol
I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Ole Buck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Plus a body lift! I don't think my old a$$ would be able to get in. Lol
I CAN'T WAIT!!!
its something to think about !! Hell i will be 54 in a few months and got a wild itch to have another big truck, getting in aint the problem its hitting the ground getting out !! My daughter thinks i am crazy but when i fire it up shes the first one to climb in and start playing RATT to the limits of my old ears.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963